Cant pay we'll take it away

strangford  wildfowler

Guest rimotu66

Me to, just watched that lovely man in the red track suit smash the car screen :lol:

I wish my mate hadn't let me down now for lamping I could of been out looking for basil instead of watching this carp :/

Guest rimotu66

I feel bad now for the guy who is being evicted from his house, poor man done his bit for the country and now hes homeless

So hard up he coudnt pay for his rent, did you see the size of his tv?

Its easy to say he has got a large screen TV or expensive computers but who is to day that he did not buy them a couple of years ago when he was getting good money so people will say why dose he not sell them well fine but who is going to pay anything for a two year old computer or TV it would cost him more to replace then with cheap stuff than he would get for what he has.

To be honest I did not see the show so do not now what the people story is not that we get to understand much if we did see the show but I just like to put the other point of view it is simple to paint people as being daft greedy or stupid if you do not tell the hole story.

Back to reality ,I was a bit shocked that when they evic someone they only get two hours to vacate the property. But they would have known that legal proceedings had been going on for a long time. I think most of them just bury their heads in the sand and ignore it, then get a surprise .

i didnt see the show people getting evicted isnt my idea of fun tv :lol: i did a move for a guy being evicted he had till lunch time to get his stuff out he hadnt even packed he just stood about drinking strong larger scratching his head about what to take, i spoke to the people evicting him to try and buy him some time by telling them i was doing his move and it couldnt be done by lunch time but there was not much i could do as he had known for months and had ignored all the letters. in the end i loaded what i thought would be most useful for him to keep 1st but come lunch time they locked the place up with lots of his possessions still in there but that was really the owners fault he could have got it all out if he had planed better.

its sad anyone should lose there home but i guess it happens thats the way it is.

Edited by overandunder2012

I didn't see this program,but did the fella with the big telly use it? If so he must of been (or should) paying for a tv license,a telly and computer is a luxury,they're not something you have to have.the trouble with folk nowadays is they someone else with something and think they have a right to have one too.......whether they van afford one or not!

I didn't see this program,but did the fella with the big telly use it? If so he must of been (or should) paying for a tv license,a telly and computer is a luxury,they're not something you have to have.the trouble with folk nowadays is they someone else with something and think they have a right to have one too.......whether they van afford one or not!

But as quoted earlier, who's to say they didn't buy them when times were better,

Someone said it was an old telly

Not everything is black and white,

However some people do take the mick and bury their head in the sand.

For some people it's just circumstances that lead to their downfall

:shaun:

But as quoted earlier, who's to say they didn't buy them when times were better,Someone said it was an old tellyNot everything is black and white,However some people do take the mick and bury their head in the sand.For some people it's just circumstances that lead to their downfall:Shaun:

I agree not everything is black and white and some do bury their heads in the sand,but the large majority know the system better than most and will get away with it for a long time,they will then just move on once caught and start the cycle all over again.

i know someone who was forced to sell his house after a very messy divorce and was given notice to quit............... when he did quit there wasn't a thing left in the house and when i say nothing i mean nothing bathroom, kitchen, lighting, doors, sockets, boiler skirting boards architrave light switches you name it he took it :lol::lol:

I think that poor chap summed it up Credit cards maxed out had other bills "besides the inland revenue to pay". Its sad that many ex-forces go this way, I mean they teach them how to shower correctly but not how to manage their finances. The big TV I am afraid is an indicator of priorities. The unanswered factor is this was a shared ownership with a housing association and through his lack of knowledge of the legal facts he lost his home, there were other ways to protect his home if he couldn't manage all it might have taken was a few phone calls at the right time. The best thing anyone can do is take official advice early and face reality by official I don't mean so called "debt management companies"

I mean they teach them how to shower correctly but not how to manage their finances

The sad fact is that NOBODY is taught how to manage finances, you learn as you go.

To my mind this is the kind of thing that should be taught in school's which, after all, are meant to prepare you for adult life.

It was also interesting that he kept saying 'I' owe 100,000, then said he had increased his work to help and his partner had gone nuts at him.

At no point was there any mention of what she had been doing to help bail them out and it came across almost as if she had no idea of the problem, surely she was liable for half of it.

Guest rimotu66

I think that poor chap summed it up Credit cards maxed out had other bills "besides the inland revenue to pay". Its sad that many ex-forces go this way, I mean they teach them how to shower correctly but not how to manage their finances.

I never joined the military even though I was a Cadet Sargent in the Army Cadets and that's all I wanted to do (think I was to short?) but neither has anyone taught me how to manage finances, I worked that out for myself with the voice of my father in my head, 'If you want something, save up and buy it') 1000's of ex serving people live lives dealing with debt and finances correctly, I think it is an insult to those people to blame it on the Military careers they once had.

All of the people in the 'show' had months, some years to get there affairs in order whether that was to pay the debt or arrange other accommodation, they all ignored the letters they where sent so all paid the price of having a 2 hour eviction notice served on them.

I never joined the military even though I was a Cadet Sargent in the Army Cadets and that's all I wanted to do (think I was to short?) but neither has anyone taught me how to manage finances, I worked that out for myself with the voice of my father in my head, 'If you want something, save up and buy it') 1000's of ex serving people live lives dealing with debt and finances correctly, I think it is an insult to those people to blame it on the Military careers they once had.

All of the people in the 'show' had months, some years to get there affairs in order whether that was to pay the debt or arrange other accommodation, they all ignored the letters they where sent so all paid the price of having a 2 hour eviction notice served on them.

You mis understand me, they get their board and housing all paid on base the military basically micro manages them in all they do. What happens is they get this through the biggest formative part of their adult life (most of us learn in our early teens and twenties that you cannot spend all your money on holidays, drink, cars and toys) The fact remains that many in the forces learn that in fact you can do these things and get away with it without starving or loosing your accom. Its the same to some lesser degree with people in secure jobs like teaching who have done little else from university, no overtime, no short time, no out of pocket expenses, pension all sorted. I can guarantee you that teachers and as such keep less in savings per relive income than a self employed plumber, consultant etc. and place lower deposits and pay higher payments when financing.

We are to a great degree a product of our experiance

I agree not everything is black and white and some do bury their heads in the sand,but the large majority know the system better than most and will get away with it for a long time,they will then just move on once caught and start the cycle all over again.

I know,

Bloke and G/F moved in 4 doors down, stayed for a few months,

Got evicted for not paying rent, moved in next street down so will probably do the same

As an aside,

Friend of mine posted on FB with a video of a friend of his that rents out houses,

Video shows how the previous tenant wrecked the house (holes in walls/dog mess everywhere) before doing a runner

I ALMOST posted that if he had better tenants then maybe it wouldnt have happened, these landlords put anyone in their houses regardless of the effect it has on the neighbours,

If they vetted more thoroughly then it may not happen as much as it does,

Sorry for going off topic

:shaun:

I watched this episode a little while ago and its an almost clone of a mid morning BBC show called 'Here come the sheriffs'-except this C5 show isnt as good.

Felt sorry for the ex soldier,but his debt was with the inland revenue who we all know dont take prisoners and not for unpaid rent or mortgage arrears.

I watched this episode a little while ago and its an almost clone of a mid morning BBC show called 'Here come the sheriffs'-except this C5 show isnt as good.

Felt sorry for the ex soldier,but his debt was with the inland revenue who we all know dont take prisoners and not for unpaid rent or mortgage arrears.

As someone who once owed the inland revenue a fair bit (early days- bad advice) I should say they aint too bad to deal with if you talk to them and don't just ignore them

Here here