Baretta urika slight trouble

bullet23

Took my new baretta out to try the other day not a hick up all day appart from 1 slight jam, when I took a shot the used shell ejected but when the 2nd cartridge went to cycle up the third tryed to follow for some reason and got them jammed! What could of caused this?? Also the gun just or supposed to have had a service at the shop a bought it before it came to me. I knowThay have gave it a good clean as I seen it beforehand and it was untouched inside and it's lovely in there now !! Could it be a slightly blocked gas port or maybe just 1 of those things you get with semi's????? Cheers

Don't think it was the cartridges these were 30's and 32's!

I think he meant the case length, not the load.

As I understand it, short cartridges i.e. less than 70mm can cause that problem in some autos.

Too light a load would be more likely to give a failure to eject, but it shouldn't be that with 30g.

If it throws the empties out with reasonable vigour, it won't be the gas ports :)

If you get FTE, then look at the gas ports (or the load).

hth

Edited by CaptainBeaky

Yes you can get to the Gas port. you can download a manual to help with it but..

when you reassemble the valve shaft make sure the cut half is downwards or you will have different issue. also the bushing piston that sits in the gas piston needs to be kept spotless.

then when you find something worn or damages you need to go to Italy or USA for the parts as GMK will offer no help what so ever.

002_zps5f0de6c2.jpg

When you press the carrier assembly up, hold it there and slowly lower. see if you can get it to stick up. if it does then it may well be bents, common fault. you can either bend to straighten or replace.

Cartridge latch can also be sticky or the one corner wears, the cartridge dosent catch and spits the magazine empty. i spray with engine cleaner and then blow out with air line and oil with Teflon or PTFE dry spray.

I have used 65mm 24 of 7 with no problem but then it was only a box of them. 65mm eley 30g not had an issue with. i use them when roost shooting as i have 500 to use up. 70mm 29g of 6 hull are the normal fodder, very dirty but work very well.

It will not be a gas port issue , that will not cause two shells to try to load one after another from the magazine.

99 times out of 100 that type of issue will be caused by using a cartridge with a short case , its nothing to do with what load is in it.

The only other thing I can think it would be is the magazine release catch has got some crud in it and is not closing quick enough.

It will not be a gas port issue , that will not cause two shells to try to load one after another from the magazine.

99 times out of 100 that type of issue will be caused by using a cartridge with a short case , its nothing to do with what load is in it.

The only other thing I can think it would be is the magazine release catch has got some crud in it and is not closing quick enough.

Possibly, I don't know the answer, but my 391 Urika has cycled everything I have chucked in it from short little 21g loads to SG with hardly a hick-up in about 10 years!

Edited by Dekers

Possibly, I don't know the answer, but my 391 Urika has cycled everything I have chucked in it from short little 21g loads to SG with hardly a hick-up in about 10 years!

Yes and so did mine , but in general shorter cartridges are more likely to cause issues , I guess that a combination of a short shell and a lazy working magazine catch may cause this issue .

I would be confident it has nothing to do with the gas piston though..

I had a similar problem with my 391, discovered it was operator error on my part!

When loading the 2nd and 3rd cartridges into the receiver I wasn't always pushing the 3rd cartridge quite hard enough in (I blame my gloved hands lol!) The result was that the 3rd one was just going past the carrier assembly and not clicking 'home' into the magazine tube.

Took me a while to figure it out because I only did it now and again and therefore the problem seemed intermittent!

Felt such a fool when I realised what I'd been doing - I had blamed the gun, cartridges, cleaned it to death etc. etc. !!

:lol: