sillosocks hypa flaps on test

kdubya

as the title, now that the pigeon are moving a little more out of the woods and dropping although still not convincingly into the fields, todays snow forced myself and hawkeye to do a little decoying more in hope than expectancy, anyway found a fair few birds flighting over one field and decided to set up for them, we set up two magnets both with hypa flaps on and about 30 deeks, one set of hypa flaps had the "stronger" brown carbon rods fitted, the other set had the origional black rods that came with the "birds" it was instantly noticable that the pair with the brown replacement rods fitted flapped MUCH MUCH better than the origionals, so much so infact that the mod to the other pair was done "on the spot" and hey presto two pairs of "proper flappers" mind you , you do need to "play with the birds to get the correct action ie birds dont work if they are angled inwards as with real birds on a magnet or if the backs of the birds are not "level" with the ground, but with a few minutes preparation they are effective to say the least , I wonder who will be the first to admit to letting a round off at his magnets? someone will do it!

Back to the real thing, although the birds we had been watching had only flighted over the field and had not dropped into the field (rape), it was amazing to see their reaction to the magnets, we watched birds as far as perhaps half a mile off and at a good height turn towards the magnets and then close their wings to commit, all coming in directly between the two magnets which were set up mid pattern and about 5 yards apart, in an hour and a half, we had some decent sport with some decent groups of pigeon coming in,the next hour and a half however drew a blank as for some reason not a bird was to be seen in the sky, still it was good to take a few pigeon ( need the breasts for some pies) and really bodes well as with the weather at last turning colder and the pigeon at last starting to decoy, so on what so far has been our first true test of the hypa's I can only say thumbs up? fingers crossed for next week.

cheers KW

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good report and good to hear someone is getting amongst them.

when you say replacement brown rods in what way do they differ ?

Digger the brown rods are slightly thicker than the originals and are stiffer...

We only ended up with 12 but it was the way they commited that was good....!!!!

There was a strong right to left wind over our right shoulder so a lot of the birds were coming from behind and we ended up haveing to put a roof on the hide as they were seeing us and shying away early on......

But with the roof on it was a devil to see them until the last minute....... :):):) :look: :no:

Sounds like Kdubya and Hawkeye went to considerable expense and trouble to force pigeons onto a crop the birds did'nt want to know about.

Two of us were just stood on the outer perimeter of a small roosting wood Sunday afternoon and shot about 30 birds in two hours!

C.B.

Sounds like Kdubya and Hawkeye went to considerable expense and trouble to force pigeons onto a crop the birds did'nt want to know about.

Two of us were just stood on the outer perimeter of a small roosting wood Sunday afternoon and shot about 30 birds in two hours!

C.B.

Ahhhhhhh, but they will be able to decoy pigeons for 12 months of the year and all day long.

Roost shooting is at its best for only a couple of months and then for only a couple of hours.................although it is very enjoyable. :huh:

C.B.

Exactly the point of my post! the birds would not have even sniffed at us (as they have been for months)

apart from as you have ie shoot them coming into the woods we have had NOTHING, so I stand by my belief judging from that which I saw for myself ie that birds will come into these things when other more conventional methods would have failed and that when the birds are prepared to decoy and are dropping into crops then whey hey these things WILL work big time,

oh and as for the expense hawkeye and myself were lucky in that Will sent us the hypa flappers free of charge for us to "try out" quite a bold gesture from someone pushing a product to a couple of blokes who say it AS IT IS.

cheers KW

C.B.

WHAT EXPENSE as Kdubya said we were sent the hypa flaps FREE from Will to try out and report back to him the results.

Kieth and i have shot with Will a few times and he know's we will say it as we see it (if they work we say so if they dont we are sharp to tell him) and it was no trouble either if it was any trouble i would stop shooting.

Out on a nice fresh day with a good mate getting a few shot in what more do you want.

It would not have mattered if we had only shot 1 or 2 it was the way the birds commited to the hypa flaps that we liked.

Anyway shooting with us is not a numbers game if you shoot 100 or 10 it doesnt really matter its been out in the fields with mates that matter. :good::yes::huh::blush:

Sorry Hawkeye, I just thought you were being a little premature in trying to bring pigeons onto the rape before they've actually shown any interest, and I did'nt know you were trialing the sillysocks for SW, but as you did say you were only flighting them and if your under 'em you certainly don't need to use wyrleys and deeks.

You mention that it was good to see some birds were committed well to the sillys but how do you know they would'nt just as easily have committed to a couple of dead birds!!!!!!!!

Methinks you would be better to wait a while until them pigeons really do have rape on the menu and then take out kbubya - one use the sillysocks and 'tother 'normal' deeks - then you will see if there is a diffrence that will be a good test - because the price of the damned things they bloody well should be fandabridozy!!!!!!

Cheers, C.B. :~}

Fair comments but if they were **** would you have posted on here that they were a waste of money ?

you got them for free so sure you will give them a glowing report.

Posts or advertorials ?

No disrespect intended but you are bigging up items you got free, had you not known the seller from adam would your posts read the same ?

Shoot me down in flames but this does smack of marketing to ensure continuation of freebies

CB

You could be right they might have come into 2 dead birds as good but we did not have any available there was a flight line but we were not under it and did not have permmision on that land.

Digger

You will just have to take my word for it if Kieth or myself thought there were **** and a waste of money we would have been the first to say.

Shoot me down in flames but this does smack of marketing to ensure continuation of freebies.

Sorry mate i havent got a flame gun it might read that way to you but rest assured it was not meant that way.

We certainly would not as you say (No disrespect intended but you are bigging up items you got free, had you not known the seller from adam would your posts read the same ?) the answer to that is YES..

Keith and i did the post so that other forum members might like to hear what we think we would have done the same post if we had paid for them....

We were just trying to give an honest opinion of some new kit that is on the market....

C.B.

WHAT EXPENSE as Kdubya said we were sent the hypa flaps FREE from Will to try out and report back to him the results.

Kieth and i have shot with Will a few times and he know's we will say it as we see it (if they work we say so if they dont we are sharp to tell him) and it was no trouble either if it was any trouble i would stop shooting.

Out on a nice fresh day with a good mate getting a few shot in what more do you want.

It would not have mattered if we had only shot 1 or 2 it was the way the birds commited to the hypa flaps that we liked.

Anyway shooting with us is not a numbers game if you shoot 100 or 10 it doesnt really matter its been out in the fields with mates that matter. :good::good::good::lol:

Well said Hawkeye... well said!!!!!

I wish I could try these out... I would love to see how light, and easy they are to use...

if you can pass a few my way..... you know I will look after them.. and send them back .

anyway... talk to you later.. if not I will buy some just for a experiment.

Just bought a pair of these hyper flaps, awaiting delivery. I hope they are as good as you boys say they are.

I'm just waiting for the end of the game season then we have about 6 game crops to chop up and I'll give

them a try and will let you know the results.

Cheers :lol:

:good: aubs

Ps i had to pay for mine you jammy ******* :good:

I had to pay for mine too! :good: but I tell you what guys I set em up in my garden first and got woodies into the garden, :lol: SO took em out into the fields over Rape, only issue that I had was that it was very windy indeed and I put the stiffer rods into them but the wind still bent the wings over, having said that the pigeons still dropped into them, well two did, then no woodies anywhere, non in the sky ANYWHERE.. Packed it up and put crow deeks out and shot 28 blackones! :good:

Fair comments but if they were **** would you have posted on here that they were a waste of money ?

you got them for free so sure you will give them a glowing report.

Posts or advertorials ?

No disrespect intended but you are bigging up items you got free, had you not known the seller from adam would your posts read the same ?

Shoot me down in flames but this does smack of marketing to ensure continuation of freebies

You can belive me when I say, If Mike thinks somethings **** he will say it's **** FREE or not. Mike always says it how he see's it and he does'nt beat around the bush either. Do I detect a hint of jealousy here. You have just been shot down in flames my lad *****. Now wheres my flak jacket gone.