sillosocks hypa flaps on test

kdubya

No I have not, so perhaps by my own standards I shouldn't judge them? Perhaps not.

Personally I don't buy something until I can see it work, if you do, or anyone else does, that's up to them.

I think, and no offence to Will, or anyone else, I'd rather find the birds and decoy them with decoys rather than placing my faith on gimmicks.

To me, find them, watch them, get under what they want to be on and take them out - works for me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep he is entitled to say what he likes, same I am to say what I like.

Great this isn't it :good:

For 1 i was NOT slagging them off. I was mearly saying what I first thought when i opened the box. I have as yet not had a chance to field test them. Hope to this week end 24th of Febuary if the weather conditions are ok up in the North East of the UK.

Have U got some PIN ? I am sure i am only saying what every one else thought when they opened their box of SilloSock Pigeon Decoys :good:

[/quote

Take no notice mate only socks he has are probley's sweaty socks lol and yes you say it how you see it mate take no notice of some on here.

No I have not, so perhaps by my own standards I shouldn't judge them? Perhaps not.

Personally I don't buy something until I can see it work, if you do, or anyone else does, that's up to them.

I think, and no offence to Will, or anyone else, I'd rather find the birds and decoy them with decoys rather than placing my faith on gimmicks.

To me, find them, watch them, get under what they want to be on and take them out - works for me.

I suppose your right PIN you do need to be where they are & where they are feeding. I have done my ground work on all 8 farms i shoot on in my area 2 of which i am the vermin keeper on. Over the years new things come on the market such as Magnets / Rotary (got 2) Pecking Rotary (got 1) Pecking Pigeon Decoys (got some) ECT ECT ECT etc and so forth. I have found that over my mere 6 years of shooting Pigeons i have needed to change tactics just to keep 1 step a head of those clever flying rats. If these Sillosocks help me i will post it on here, If they don’t help me then i will post it on here too. I speak as i find me, that’s me if you or any one else dose not agree then your entitled to your own opinions just like i am CHEERS.

Yep he is entitled to say what he likes, same I am to say what I like.

Great this isn't it :good:

For 1 i was NOT slagging them off. I was mearly saying what I first thought when i opened the box. I have as yet not had a chance to field test them. Hope to this week end 24th of Febuary if the weather conditions are ok up in the North East of the UK.

Have U got some PIN ? I am sure i am only saying what every one else thought when they opened their box of SilloSock Pigeon Decoys :good:

[/quote

Take no notice mate only socks he has are probley's sweaty socks lol and yes you say it how you see it mate take no notice of some on here.

THX Hesky for your understanding and support. Don’t worry i didn’t take any notice or offence to any remarks made towards me. Every 1 is entitled to their own opinion. :good:

I did manage to get up to 1 of my farms which i have shooting permission. I said i would report back to you all on what my field test went like. WELL not that good as there was nil wind and i could not get the angle right on my rotary to see the Hypa Flappers FLAP like they do on the DVD you get free with them. So today was NOT a true test really but when they where flying they came and I MISSED as usual. Well not that i missed as i did hit them as i seen feathers fallen out but they kept flying. The woodies did seem attracted by them and where committed to my horse shoe pattern and entered it but my mate shot better he got 2 which was 2 more then me. Once we had fired 5 or 6 shots they just went 3 fields down onto more rape fields closer to the woods. **** law they never are where u want them to be as 3 fields down dose not be long to me DAM. It belongs to 1 of my mates who could not make it today but is hoping to make it next week so hopefully will have a better chance to report to you all next week if the wind gets up. ? Can any one give me any hints on how to get the angle right on the rotary so that i can make them flap as i tried always and could not get them too? Do you need wind as well as there was NIL wind to day and my Rotary doses not spin all that fast Very Slow in fact. Any helpful hints will be taken in. :D

I did manage to get up to 1 of my farms which i have shooting permission. I said i would report back to you all on what my field test went like. WELL not that good as there was nil wind and i could not get the angle right on my rotary to see the Hypa Flappers FLAP like they do on the DVD you get free with them. So today was NOT a true test really but when they where flying they came and I MISSED as usual. Well not that i missed as i did hit them as i seen feathers fallen out but they kept flying. The woodies did seem attracted by them and where committed to my horse shoe pattern and entered it but my mate shot better he got 2 which was 2 more then me. Once we had fired 5 or 6 shots they just went 3 fields down onto more rape fields closer to the woods. **** law they never are where u want them to be as 3 fields down dose not be long to me DAM. It belongs to 1 of my mates who could not make it today but is hoping to make it next week so hopefully will have a better chance to report to you all next week if the wind gets up. ? Can any one give me any hints on how to get the angle right on the rotary so that i can make them flap as i tried always and could not get them too? Do you need wind as well as there was NIL wind to day and my Rotary doses not spin all that fast Very Slow in fact. Any helpful hints will be taken in. :blink:

Hi all who have SILLOSOCKS. Went out today Monday 26th Feb! straight after doing my Night Shift as it was dull and windy. The way the weather was would be perfect. When i got there so where the Woodies allready on the trees on the lines and in the feild. So i quickly set up after theu all flew away. Just got every thing sorted but did not have time to set my Rotary up and in they came. They where fully commited but guess what i was not loaded DAM. By the time i loaded my semi auto most had gone but a few had landed so i left them alone in the hope the rest came back around which they did. Fired all 3 shots got 2 and 1 lost in the woods but was hit well hard seen loads of feathers come out of him. With the wind blowing so hard this day not like the last time i was out these Pigeon Sillosocks looked 100% better they looked good and mooved around and bobbed around just like they should do. I took the chance and got my Rotary set up but it just did not look right i tryed and tryed till i was blue in the face to get the F things to flap but they would not. Well i say would not NOT as good as the dvd you get with them. I shortened the line on the wings which made them 50% better so if any 1 else has had the same problem as me try it. Pull the line through to on 1 then just tie a not in it as close to the wing as possible. I only had to wait a matter of minutes before the next few came in for a look but they did not stop. Then a few more came shortly after and once again they did not stop. So i got out of my hide and walked 50/60 yards away and facing my hide to have a look what was spooking them. I noticed even though the hypa Flappers looked better they still did not look right on my Rotary so i bent the arms a little so they faced up a little instad of straight. This worked a treat they looked a 100% better but still not as good as the dvd footage. The pecking and standing sillosocks looked VERY GOOD though. I wounder when they WILL ect are going to fetch out LOFFTING Sillosocks or i might just make a device that will take a Sillosock onto my Loffting hooks NOW THERE`S A THOUGHT.

Any 1 else have any helpful tips to make your HYPA FLAPPERS flap better please let me / us at PW know.

Angle of my hypa flappers.

p2240006jx3.jpg

If you roll the ends of the wing tips up and fold back the front leading edge of the wings over the carbon rod as in the picture mate, this makes them flap much better.

p2270009ub1.jpg

Video of my hypa flappers working.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/ro...t=Hypaflaps.flv

Hope this helps mate :good:

They do look good on that vid, but not as good as the promo? Any ideas what's different?

To be honest it looks like on there video there magnets going round faster than mine, plus there was more wind on the day they took that video Iv'e been told so they would flap much more mate, when I turned my magnet up faster they flapped like the clappers but I never video'd that part lol

I did manage to get up to 1 of my farms which i have shooting permission. I said i would report back to you all on what my field test went like. WELL not that good as there was nil wind and i could not get the angle right on my rotary to see the Hypa Flappers FLAP like they do on the DVD you get free with them. So today was NOT a true test really but when they where flying they came and I MISSED as usual. Well not that i missed as i did hit them as i seen feathers fallen out but they kept flying. The woodies did seem attracted by them and where committed to my horse shoe pattern and entered it but my mate shot better he got 2 which was 2 more then me. Once we had fired 5 or 6 shots they just went 3 fields down onto more rape fields closer to the woods. **** law they never are where u want them to be as 3 fields down dose not be long to me DAM. It belongs to 1 of my mates who could not make it today but is hoping to make it next week so hopefully will have a better chance to report to you all next week if the wind gets up. ? Can any one give me any hints on how to get the angle right on the rotary so that i can make them flap as i tried always and could not get them too? Do you need wind as well as there was NIL wind to day and my Rotary doses not spin all that fast Very Slow in fact. Any helpful hints will be taken in. :P

Hi all who have SILLOSOCKS. Went out today Monday 26th Feb! straight after doing my Night Shift as it was dull and windy. The way the weather was would be perfect. When i got there so where the Woodies allready on the trees on the lines and in the feild. So i quickly set up after theu all flew away. Just got every thing sorted but did not have time to set my Rotary up and in they came. They where fully commited but guess what i was not loaded DAM. By the time i loaded my semi auto most had gone but a few had landed so i left them alone in the hope the rest came back around which they did. Fired all 3 shots got 2 and 1 lost in the woods but was hit well hard seen loads of feathers come out of him. With the wind blowing so hard this day not like the last time i was out these Pigeon Sillosocks looked 100% better they looked good and mooved around and bobbed around just like they should do. I took the chance and got my Rotary set up but it just did not look right i tryed and tryed till i was blue in the face to get the F things to flap but they would not. Well i say would not NOT as good as the dvd you get with them. I shortened the line on the wings which made them 50% better so if any 1 else has had the same problem as me try it. Pull the line through to on 1 then just tie a not in it as close to the wing as possible. I only had to wait a matter of minutes before the next few came in for a look but they did not stop. Then a few more came shortly after and once again they did not stop. So i got out of my hide and walked 50/60 yards away and facing my hide to have a look what was spooking them. I noticed even though the hypa Flappers looked better they still did not look right on my Rotary so i bent the arms a little so they faced up a little instad of straight. This worked a treat they looked a 100% better but still not as good as the dvd footage. The pecking and standing sillosocks looked VERY GOOD though. I wounder when they WILL ect are going to fetch out LOFFTING Sillosocks or i might just make a device that will take a Sillosock onto my Loffting hooks NOW THERE`S A THOUGHT.

Any 1 else have any helpful tips to make your HYPA FLAPPERS flap better please let me / us at PW know.

WHAT DO ALL OF YOU PW`S THINK OF THIS THEN BE HONEST. IT SEEMS I HAVE HUFFED WILL AT UKSHOOTWAREHOUSE.This is my reply i have sent him to his email further below :- I have remooved the wording and the photo as asked. I still intend to sell them on EBay though. You use the word "criticised" For 1 i have NOT i have mearly said what my first thought where when i opened the box. I am allowed to say what thought as this is my rights. You go on to say " if you continue to give these items bad press on Pigeon Watch, then as the main sponsor I will ensure that all of the members get to here the truth about your activities " Once again let me repeat myself I AM ALlOWED TO VOICE MY OPINON if you dont like then TUFF. I am entitled to my opion but you ovuisly have not read my further input on these Sillosocks like i promised PW`s i would do. In my first note too all PW`s i said QUOTE " My first impression when i opened the box was O EH MMM EH I have paid over a £100.00 for these and i did not get my discount as i have just joined PW. They look naff, cardboard bodies with UV material stapled onto them. Well i was not impressed but hey if they work i will smile. " - TELL ME WHAT I HAVE SAID WRONG for you to say i " criticised " them. Further more i went on to say QUOTE " For 1 i was NOT slagging them off. I was mearly saying what I first thought when i opened the box. I have as yet not had a chance to field test them. Hope to this week end 24th of Febuary if the weather conditions are ok up in the North East of the UK. " - Then i went onto say QUOTE " I have found that over my mere 6 years of shooting Pigeons i have needed to change tactics just to keep 1 step a head of those clever flying rats. If these Sillosocks help me i will post it on here, If they don’t help me then i will post it on here too. I speak as i find me, that’s me if you or any one else dose not agree then your entitled to your own opinions just like i am CHEERS. " - Then i go onto say QUOTE " I did manage to get up to 1 of my farms which i have shooting permission. I said i would report back to you all on what my field test went like. WELL not that good as there was nil wind and i could not get the angle right on my rotary to see the Hypa Flappers FLAP like they do on the DVD you get free with them. So today was NOT a true test really but when they where flying they came and I MISSED as usual. Well not that i missed as i did hit them as i seen feathers fallen out but they kept flying. The woodies did seem attracted by them and where committed to my horse shoe pattern and entered it but my mate shot better he got 2 which was 2 more then me. Once we had fired 5 or 6 shots they just went 3 fields down onto more rape fields closer to the woods. **** law they never are where u want them to be as 3 fields down dose not be long to me DAM. It belongs to 1 of my mates who could not make it today but is hoping to make it next week so hopefully will have a better chance to report to you all next week if the wind gets up. ? Can any one give me any hints on how to get the angle right on the rotary so that i can make them flap as i tried always and could not get them too? Do you need wind as well as there was NIL wind to day and my Rotary doses not spin all that fast Very Slow in fact. Any helpful hints will be taken in. " - Then i go onto say QUOTE " Hi all who have SILLOSOCKS. Went out today Monday 26th Feb! straight after doing my Night Shift as it was dull and windy. The way the weather was would be perfect. When i got there so where the Woodies allready on the trees on the lines and in the feild. So i quickly set up after theu all flew away. Just got every thing sorted but did not have time to set my Rotary up and in they came. They where fully commited but guess what i was not loaded DAM. By the time i loaded my semi auto most had gone but a few had landed so i left them alone in the hope the rest came back around which they did. Fired all 3 shots got 2 and 1 lost in the woods but was hit well hard seen loads of feathers come out of him. With the wind blowing so hard this day not like the last time i was out these Pigeon Sillosocks looked 100% better they looked good and mooved around and bobbed around just like they should do. I took the chance and got my Rotary set up but it just did not look right i tryed and tryed till i was blue in the face to get the F things to flap but they would not. Well i say would not NOT as good as the dvd you get with them. I shortened the line on the wings which made them 50% better so if any 1 else has had the same problem as me try it. Pull the line through to on 1 then just tie a not in it as close to the wing as possible. I only had to wait a matter of minutes before the next few came in for a look but they did not stop. Then a few more came shortly after and once again they did not stop. So i got out of my hide and walked 50/60 yards away and facing my hide to have a look what was spooking them. I noticed even though the hypa Flappers looked better they still did not look right on my Rotary so i bent the arms a little so they faced up a little instad of straight. This worked a treat they looked a 100% better but still not as good as the dvd footage. The pecking and standing sillosocks looked VERY GOOD though. I wounder when they WILL ect are going to fetch out LOFFTING Sillosocks or i might just make a device that will take a Sillosock onto my Loffting hooks NOW THERE`S A THOUGHT.

Any 1 else have any helpful tips to make your HYPA FLAPPERS flap better please let me / us at PW know. "

NOW AFTER READING WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE ON PW - TELL ME WHAT I HAVE SAID WRONG - I HAVE NOT IN MY EYES -

I request you send me my order. R U going to send it to me R not ?

b12drj - DR JAMES - Mr Dean R JAMES

P.S i will also be posting the whole of this on P.W so all our members can speek openly as i have done R is it a crime too speak as you find now.

>From: "Matt Hance" <sales@ukshootwarehouse.com>

>To: "'Dean Ronald James'"

>Subject: UK Shootwarehouse Ltd

>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:26:29 -0000

>

>Dear Mr D R James,

>

>It as come to my attention that you are re-advertising our products on e-bay

>(b12drj) and whilst this is not illegal I have been told via our legal team

>that you have used our images and text without written consent and that this

>is in breech of copyright laws and therefore is illegal. As a shotgun

>license holder I am sure that you understand the severity of this, its

>because of your license that I am first giving you written notification to

>remove these items that are for sale on eBay by 6pm today - 28/02/07 or I

>will have no option but to instruct our solicitors to take legal action.

>

>You are an active member of Pigeon Watch and I see that over the past few

>weeks you have criticised these products and yet hypocritically are

>re-selling them, if you continue to give these items bad press on Pigeon

>Watch, then as the main sponsor I will ensure that all of the members get to

>here the truth about your activities.

>

>I currently have an order in the system for you, but can confirm that this

>will be cancelled today and your money refunded, please do not attempt to

>try this underhand behaviour in the future or indeed if you do not heed this

>warning I will be forced to take out an injunction against you resulting in

>us looking to recover damages through the courts.

>

>Yours Faithfully

>

>Matt Hance

>General Manager,

>UK Shootwarehouse Ltd

>Tel: +44 (0)1869 278946

Well blow me I better take that picture of the spring sticks I copied from Shootwarehouse off my for sale post. It's only a picture Matt and the lad did not slag your gear off one bit he mearly said what he thought they looked like at first glance and then said afterwards they worked. To threaten someone with legal action for using a picture is beyond me, If he was copying your products and reselling them then that would be a different matter altogether, whats this world coming to :stupid: Oh and he still didn't get his PW discount :P

I cant understand why shootwarehouse are complaining,they are selling a product at their price,the price they are advertising the gear at, after they have put their mark up on it so whats the problem?I have run my own business for years and if someone wanted to buy my gear/services at the retail price and then try and sell it on..... good luck to them, i am getting what i want out of it.Iknow i am new on here and dont want to rock the boat n all that but its a long time since i have seen a dummy spat THAT FAR out of a pram. :P

The team here at UK Shootwarehouse have built the business on Pigeon Shooting. We supply directly to the retail and trade and our trade channel receive discounted prices because of overheads etc associated with running a business. I have nothing against anyone wishing to be an entrepreneur but what I do object to is that Dean Ronald James has been trying to abuse the Pigeonwatch discount to for his own personal financial gain and ripping off fellow pigeon shooters that go online.

As far as the images and text shown on Ebay....copyright is copyright. There's no arguament about it...you can say we've spat the dummy out the pram or whatever I really dont give a toss. If you wish to use our images and text then just ASK. Chances are you will get a definate yes, but we'd appreciate if people asked first. Images and text take a LOT of time to sort out, and its usually me who does it. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and it was YOUR business that someone was taking the **** out of by just copying and pasting text or pics which you'd taken time and effort to create then your opinion would be the same.

The only reason we have kicked up such a stink on this is that DR James is blatantly taking the **** out of UK Shootwarehouse AND PIGEONWATCH to line his own pocket. Abusing the PW discount scheme is not going to happen. Second he's misrepresenting the retail sale prices of Sillosocks.

Thats the last word on the matter.

Edited by henry d

WILL,i do agree with you about the use of your pictures,copywrite etc he should have AT LEAST asked permission and been up front with what he was doing,but i think a slap on the wrist would have sufficed and threatening someone with the loss of their shotgun license and court action did nothing for you or your business.We are all shooters on here and i just think it was the wrong way to go about things.I dont know this dr james and i dont know you, i am just commenting on what i have read here.

Well my pic of your spring sticks has been removed, sorry Will I should of asked first, by the way this is not a sarcastic apollogy. Will when you say abuse of the P/W discount system, how? as far as I know the lad said he had got no discount when he first ordered his gear? or has he ordered more specifically to sell on ebay. Has anyone got the link to his sales on ebAy.

Someone asked about the sillosocks he has for sale they asked if they buy 30 or 50 of them will they get discount and Mr James said the more they buy the more discount they get, fair enough he is buying from Will to sell on and make a profit to guys who are not in the know and are not on any shooting forums to see a comparison of prices between different companies. So Will he is just trying to make a few quid the more he sell's the more money you make off him, weather people choose to buy from whoever and pay what they want is totally up to them but after further thinking about the copyrighting your right Will and I apollogise for my silly remark. I do think the lads postage costs for the Hypa flappers and Sillosocks are a bit on the high side though as there is no weight in them at all.

Here is the completed listings for the last 2 weeks for silosocks. It seems he has only sold one set of 5.

does this not simply show the idiocy of some ebay buyers and the mentality of those who seek to rip them off? we have a chap who buys some gear knows the price asks for tips on how to use it ( even moans a little about it) then tries to use the luny bidder mentality and flog the stuff for more than they could get it for should they have spent five minutes googeling for the genuine seller and I mean GENUINE in more ways than one, I mean come on £3.75 as against a fiver each is a no brainer, but then again if your out to shaft someone you hope they aint got brains do you not.sorry but I see it uk shootwarehouses way on this.

cheers KW

DR James is blatantly taking the **** out of UK Shootwarehouse AND PIGEONWATCH to line his own pocket. Abusing the PW discount scheme is not going to happen. Second he's misrepresenting the retail sale prices of Sillosocks.

well the robbing (plonker.)the censor picked this word

Edited by henry d

DR James is blatantly taking the **** out of UK Shootwarehouse AND PIGEONWATCH to line his own pocket. Abusing the PW discount scheme is not going to happen. Second he's misrepresenting the retail sale prices of Sillosocks.

well the robbing (plonker.)the censor picked this word

Is he?

The way I see it (and I am not depending or sticking up for anyone) but if DR james buys something from anyone and sells it on then what wrong has he done? After all isn't that what most shopkeepers do?

He may well have been critical he may not, he gave an honest opinion. He opened his box of decoys and was disapointed at what he had got. SOme say he should have checked what he was buying.

How is he misrepresenting the retail price of sillosocks? He is selling them at a price, take it or leave it. The fact that we can buy them cheaper isn't really an issue.

I do feel that Shootwarehouse were a bit strong with the wording after all it was only an image, As someone else has said it is not as though he is copying the sillosocks and selling those. Albeit a small change and then that in itself isn't illegal.

How is he misrepresenting the retail price of sillosocks? He is selling them at a price, take it or leave it. The fact that we can buy them cheaper isn't really an issue

course it is!! he is asking for a discount then he wants to shaft some **** via ebay, old fashioned word was a charleton, modern word ryhmes with hunt.

cheers KW

1. He did not receive any P W discount on the items he bought.

2. He, as the owner of the said items is free to do with them as he sees fit. If that includes selling them, then he is perfectly entitled to. Not however, with copyright infringements. Shootwarehouse were quite within their rights to complain about that.

3. The one set of 5 that he sold, nobody held the buyers arm up his back to buy them. Therefore we have to assume that the price that was paid was acceptable to the buyer. *EDIT* And no doubt if the decoys are as good as everyone claims, they will have thought that they have got a good deal.

One thing I do find fascinating is that the people who have jumped to the shootwarehouse defence are the very people who have had freebees off them. Could there be a conflict of interests here?