shooting mate

hawkeye

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog, you've done what's best for him though and hopefully can take some comfort from knowing it. He was clearly loved and no doubt has had a great life both working and as part of your family so you've done everything you could for him.

Keep your chin up mate

Sorry to hear that I no the feeling lost my best pal she was 11 was active like she was 4 running playing then had a fit rushed her to the vets stayed over night had 7 fits come out she had a brain tumour she died couldn't say bye still gutted an heartbroken good luck sorry to hear your loss

top shot

Sorry to hear of your loss hawkeye. We have spoke many times and have both been on this site for many years.

It must be an awful feeling to have, to lose your shooting buddy. Remember all the good days and fun times you had. Those memories will never die.

I dread the day I will lose Munty, my faithful dog. He is 11 now. He is with me 24/7. At work and at home.

You need to get another dog as soon as you can. It might just take away some of the pain.

ATB

Dave K

Edited by Topgunners

I know the feeling very well as I have had dogs for sixty years now and as you can imagine lost a lot of faithful companions in that time , one of my Springers was only six years old when she collapsed

with a heart attack one morning just before I was going to work , I have a four year old Whippet now probably my last dog due to my age and I am already dreading the time when we have to part company

they are our closest companions (I spend more time with mine than with any person) they become a huge part of our lives , I always worked my gundogs ,lurchers and terriers so they became closer to me than any other member of the family , deepest sympathy for the loss of yours .

Sad news indeed Mike

kitchen won't be the same without his tail wagging 50 to the dozen

Thanks for all the nice comments lads..

GH you know what he was like that tail never stopped wagging all day and all night it used to wake me up during the night banging on the wall in the kitchen he was always happy even when he was asleep..

Hawkeye and I have been shooting together now for a number of years and even went to Wrexham to pick marco up with Mike.Wont be the same with hides next to each other with my lab Meg and Marco together,dogs got on well and shared endless retrieves.Next to Meg, Marco was my best pal and I went over to Mikes when he had him put to sleep, sad day spent over endless cups of coffee. RIP Marco old pal...... sad day.

I know what its like to have your best companion put down as I had to have my last lab 'Moss' put to sleep and it took me 9 months to get another one,but with hindsight I should have got one sooner.

Edited by mag357