dubai

dr. lecter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top 6 in each class had a grand final shoot out so these top 6 places are not actual. Can't find the link anywhere for the final. They may put it up on their original website because it was televised on the UAE TV chanel. Some very commendable shooting on very difficult layouts from our lads and lasses.. from Auntie,.

The top 6 in each class had a grand final shoot out so these top 6 places are not actual. Can't find the link anywhere for the final. They may put it up on their original website because it was televised on the UAE TV chanel. Some very commendable shooting on very difficult layouts from our lads and lasses.. from Auntie,.

Here is a link http://shootclay.co.uk/2014/02/24/nad-al-sheba-liveblog/ including the six man final. The results I posted were before the six man final :oops:

Edited by BlaserF3

Well why are there no pigeonwatch members it the top 10 of this shoot then

I rest my case

Deershooter

So what.

It's ONE shoot.

You're original comment was way off the mark. There are quite a few on here who are more than capable of holding their own in top competition.

Case dismissed.

Speaking to the lads today, they thought it was horrendously hard,

AAA shooters not getting 60%, George has probably missed more at this shoot, than the year to date,

They had planned the shoot for an entry of 1000, and I was was told they got 490

Anyway the lads I spoke to won't be going back next time! Shame great idea and venue

kermit

I've never shot a FITASC comp before and I can't see myself shooting one in this country anytime soon but I'll have ago at the Dubai one if it's on next year, unless they want silly money for entry fees.

Unless I've missed something on this forum or any other that I browse at, was it a proper FITASC comp or as there website put it a "FITASC style"

Hopefully I'll speak to someone in person that attended the Dubai shoot or knows a hell of a lot about FITASC shooting.

I did ask at my club today about FITASC but I didn't really get a proper answer to my questions :/

People seem unable to grasp that this was NEVER gonna be just another shoot ESP, Skeet or Fitasc or whatever. Information was admittedly sketchy but Fitasc style doesn't have to mean regulation distances when the event was not registered and given the mind blowing sums involved, $2000 for coming 50th for crying out loud, when did the complainers last win £200 for winning something outright ?

How did the Lobster taste by the way ? They are trying out new things and next year may be more like Super Sporting, who knows ?

Does anyone recall John Bidwell throwing non regulation targets one year at the British Open Sporting ? Some moaned of course but it led to Super Sporting being evolved. Give this time.

Oh and GD picked up $20,000 apparently so might not be as gutted as some who didn't go.

Edited by Hamster

So people won't go back because the targets were too hard? Sounds like their egos were bruised. I'm assuming they were hard for everyone - not just the select few. I'm going to guess that next year they will have alot more entrants. I mean, the first 50 win a prize of some sort - certainly enough to cover some of the costs of going. The entry to the event was free, lots of hospitality (food and otherwise), and apparently a very well run event. At worst, you could plan it along side a nice little holiday next year to escape the European winter gloom.

I've never shot a FITASC comp before and I can't see myself shooting one in this country anytime soon but I'll have ago at the Dubai one if it's on next year, unless they want silly money for entry fees.

Unless I've missed something on this forum or any other that I browse at, was it a proper FITASC comp or as there website put it a "FITASC style"

Hopefully I'll speak to someone in person that attended the Dubai shoot or knows a hell of a lot about FITASC shooting.

I did ask at my club today about FITASC but I didn't really get a proper answer to my questions :/

If Catamong is going to the Charity shoot, have a word with him as I think its his thing

:shaun:

I've tried FITASC and it was the worst score I've ever got in a comp :lol: still thoroughly enjoyed it and will shoot it again.

Very easy to over read some targets and not read others at all.

Have a look on the cpsa site for FITASC sporting shoots, there are normally a fair few across the country each year.

Figgy

• 1 month later...

Will, if you want to have a go at FITASC sporting Steve Lovett of the Clay Shooting Company is now doing a monthly 120 bird shoot at Garlands. The next one is in early May and I'll be away for that one but if you can wangle a day off in the week you could could travel down with me and we can shoot it on the same squad. This will be after the NvS shoot anyway so if we get a couple of minutes in between shooting and me winning the raffle I'll talk you through it.

As for Dubai, I didn't go but have spoken to plenty of people who have and have followed all the FB and Shootclay forum threads to the point were I feel as if I should be sunburnt. It's too big a subject to start typing out at midnight so I'll try and compose a pm in the next couple of days.

Mr Potter

If Catamong is going to the Charity shoot, have a word with him as I think its his thing

:shaun:

Yes, it is my thing, although I don't shoot many FITASC competitions in the UK, I shoot a few in France every year, I'm doing the French National FITASC Championships in August, here's my report on last years event....

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/257950-fitasc-championship-of-france/

Would be pleased to try and answer any questions you may have.

Cat.