Valley View Sporting Gun Club - Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire

aris

This is a shoot in Great Missenden Buckinghamshire - on the A413.

Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire HP16 0DH, HP16 0DH Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire

Format:

Sporting

Automatic traps

Time:

10am - 2.30pm.

Alternate Sundays. Check fixture list on website

Price:

£35 for 100clays (£40 if you want to shoot a CPSA registered shoot)

Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd

Facilities:

Toilets

Cartridges, food, drink available. Pricey, but very good quality.

07795 424590

http://www.valleyviewclub.com/

0lqx79E.jpg

Edited by aris

Used to be the best shoot for miles arround, but is starting to price itself out of the market

I was there 2 weeks ago and it was very quiet. Was supposed to be a CPSA registered shoot, but this was cancelled. I hear that they will no longer be doing registered shoots. It is a large ground and the shoots they put on are fairly challenging.

You are correct though - there is better value around, but if you are nearby, it is a good option.

It is close enough to Stag and Hounds that you can do both in a day.

I have been shooting V V on and off for about 20 years, Ian Payne would never have had anything to do with the CPSA, so it is interesting it didn't work out for the new owners either.

We shot the Stag & Hounds for the first time a couple of weeks ago, if I go back I will leave my chokes at home and use 9's - never seen clays so close :)

Although in fairness we had breakfast, did the shoot, down the pub for a couple and were back in time for lunch, so it doesn't take too much out of the day and is a friendly little shoot.

Waiting on Ben to hopefully come up with somewhere,Unless you know of a bit of land we can use for a day

Sorry - no i'm a townie - no access to land. Perhaps if you post a request for land to shoot on in BEDS/HERTS - you may well find someone with something particularly if you make it worth their while :good:

I have been shooting V V on and off for about 20 years, Ian Payne would never have had anything to do with the CPSA, so it is interesting it didn't work out for the new owners either.

We shot the Stag & Hounds for the first time a couple of weeks ago, if I go back I will leave my chokes at home and use 9's - never seen clays so close :)

Although in fairness we had breakfast, did the shoot, down the pub for a couple and were back in time for lunch, so it doesn't take too much out of the day and is a friendly little shoot.

Not quite correct, Ian Payne used to run regular ESP Registered shoots at the ground back in the 80's, (I shot there regularly during that time), but he took issue with the CPSA when they changed the no bird rule on simmo pairs, and decided not to run anymore Registered shoots thereafter.

I'd have to say that the current owners of Valley View have made a complete hash of the 3 Registered shoots they've attempted to run, a £40 entry fee combined with clueless, inexperienced scorers and very lacklustre targets have driven all of the dedicated shooters away to better organised events.

The ground has simply so much potential, but with complete muppets running the show, it's going nowhere at the moment.

It's such a pity it's turned out this way, I've always got on well with Ian in the past, I was one of the very few regular shooters who made the effort to attend his funeral, I know he would be very sad to see how things are currently going.

Cat.

• 3 years later...

Still very active, its on alternate Sundays and the occasional charity shoot. Jason the guys that runs it is a top bloke, and the layout is challenging but a good varied selection of stands. Not the cheapest by any means but worth a go, and they do a decent bacon sarny.

Maybe we should schedule a PW meet up there sometime..

Still very active, its on alternate Sundays and the occasional charity shoot. Jason the guys that runs it is a top bloke, and the layout is challenging but a good varied selection of stands. Not the cheapest by any means but worth a go, and they do a decent bacon sarny.

Maybe we should schedule a PW meet up there sometime..

Ah so we can't just turn up and shoot? Just looking around the area berks/bucks for alternative shooting ground for variety...