.22 cal HW97K

byhsu

Thank You, yes I am in CA, USA. There is no power restrictions for airguns in the States. I know the TX200MK3 has 17.5 fpe for the .22 cal in FAC version, and I haven't been able to find out much information on the HW97K, all I know is that the UK version is only 12 fpe. I would like to know the muzzle energy for the FAC version of the HW97K.

The difference between the two guns isn't worth worrying about and which comes out top will depend more on which pellets each gun likes than anything else. The AA is more expensive but has a nicer firing and cocking cycle than the HW and is better built. Also should you want a long scope on there the AAs side port is far preferable to the HW top one.

If memory serves the 97 typically runs at 16 ft/lb giving the edge to the AA

Dear 1 of 5:

Thank You for your information it was very helpful, I was guessing it would be in the 15 to 16 fpe range. I know that the Crossman Premier pellets are very good on almost all rifles and gives them good velocity at 50 yards. The Silver Ace by Beeman (pellets in .177 and .20) give the HW97 16 fpe at the muzzle for both rifles. I have decided to go for the HW97K because I was able to get a good deal on it. With the money saved I will be able to get a tune kit for it and maybe customize it later on, (better stock and accesories). I got mine for $311.85 at www.pyramydair.com

What rifle do you have?

Thanks,

Byhsu

Silencers in the USA are rather frowned upon. I believe you can get permits for them in a few states, at quite some cost, but otherwise the import of a silencer to the USA is a Federal offence for both the sender and reciever. However if the gun you purchase comes with a bull barrel silencer (ie part of the barrel assembly) then that's OK. And you thought we had some bad laws.

So I guess when I get the HW97K it will have the silencer then. I heard it comes built in the barrel. I was checking the Theoben website and they offer the Evolution silencer (55 pounds) and Vortex silencer (15 pounds) Do you think I will be able to install those in the barrel of a Weihrauch HW80? I know they offer the gas ram for that rifle too, can get the gun up to 22 fpe!!! Sweet gun! I am trying to get a used HW80 so I can customize it.

The vortex is just an end cap that goes on the Evo silencer making an Evo Vortex £70. This will not fit in the barrel of a HW80. It will fit on the barrel with an adapter. To be honest almost all silencer retailers will not ship to the USA for the reason I gave previously. Even if you have the necessary permit it's usually too much hassle. You could get a custom built bull barrel for one but that will be expensive.

Where could I get the adapter? How will it fit? Clamped on the barrel end? By the way, I grew up in Guatemala, Central America and still have a home there. I will most likely order it and have it shipped there. I have an old RWS34 that I bought 9 years ago but is not that powerful for hunting, so I will get the Beeman R1/Weihrauch HW80 and have it tuned and take it back, I plan to use it to hunt Iguanas and rabbits. Thanks for the information. By the way your bull barrel rifle is really sweet looking.