Newspaper or electronic device

dazsl

Use sky news app all the time , bit ignorant and not ideal but at least your reading upto date news and nothing 20 hrs old and you only have to take your phone out of your pocket and not call to paper shop,

Also I haven't got a reading room so it would be a bit daft buying a paper with nowhere to read it :-(...

I buy a paper every morning, I like to take time (when I can) to read it , it's something I have done since I started my apprenteship

24 years ago, old habits die hard and all that!! To me it's just not the same reading it on a tablet or PC etc,

Ps the above post is bang on ha ha I store my old papers for that exact same purpose ha ha

B

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Worst wifi spot in our house is the lower reading room , but I still prefer the paper, plus if the maid has forgotten to restock the toilet roll all is not lost and if I'm really lucky there's a picture of Millipede to use.

Sporting gun downloads to my ipad every month. Cheaper and better for the inviroment

I had thought of doing that with shooting times but I was surprised how little cheaper it was. A tenner a month.

The Editorial costs are the same, but they have no paper to buy, no printer to pay, no distribution costs - surely the could be a bit less.

How do you fill out the crossword or competition entry forms and will I be able to pull out last week's copy in 20 years time to see how much times have changed? I really don't know.

I'm not keen on newspapers. I read them a fair bit when I was a student but not since really. I was in the train up to London recently and had the usual free copy of The Times. I started reading it and realised I was bored to tears in about five minutes. It made me think about how differently I consume news now than say 20 years ago.

I flipped it over (always the best way), did a few crossword clues, then fired up the iPad...sad in a way but it was what it was.

An old girlfriend found it physically impossible to spend a Sunday without getting a huge pile of papers from the newsagent and lazing round for hours reading them. Bored me rigid.