diana air rifles

rootintootinshooting

looking to get one of these three rifles cant pick between them and could do with some help guys and girls.diana 48/Diana 460 magnum or the 52 ultra.anyone used these before ? I have used a 54 airking before so I know all about the weight etc lol.just don't have the funds for the airking sadly so one of these will have to do :).

thanks ryan

460mag is a very accurate rifle I believe it sits in 2 nd place in Diana's power class only the 350 mag producing slightly more.

Both produce more than the side leavers .obviously differences to the 48/52/54 are their break barrel and under leader .

The 54 as you know is very capable very capable in both accuracy and power ,and as the 48/52 share the same internals cylinder so on are equally capable and fantastic field rifles.

With basic simple fettling can be much improved too.

Better in .22 I feel .

The ultra carbine dispute it's barrel length has no accuracy issues ,I intend to buy another however some report issues due to the restrictor in transfer making for not such a smooth 're shot action as earlier models .easily sorted.

If you use a moderator they will silence to a dull thud .

Myself I prefer the earlier t01 models as I just love the smooth trigger others prefer latter type .early have slightly longer stroke too.

Whilst I love my airkings on a bench ,the 52 is favoured in field .

For a short period diana produced a thumbhole walnut original model 52 classic which come up occasionally for sale which are a fantastic improvement to hold over the standard stock for me in any case..

If just a field rifle ide go 48 /52 which should be cheaper with plain stock,great in 177 for faster fps ,but

.22 on fac or if it's your preference cal.

If you want better stock go for 52 .or walnut laminated stock which look peach..which ever you choose it won't disappoint .

I don't get on with under leavers myself .

Good luck .

Ultra carbine yummy .22

460mag is a very accurate rifle I believe it sits in 2 nd place in Diana's power class only the 350 mag producing slightly more.

Both produce more than the side leavers .obviously differences to the 48/52/54 are their break barrel and under leader .

The 54 as you know is very capable very capable in both accuracy and power ,and as the 48/52 share the same internals cylinder so on are equally capable and fantastic field rifles.

With basic simple fettling can be much improved too.

Better in .22 I feel .

The ultra carbine dispute it's barrel length has no accuracy issues ,I intend to buy another however some report issues due to the restrictor in transfer making for not such a smooth 're shot action as earlier models .easily sorted.

If you use a moderator they will silence to a dull thud .

Myself I prefer the earlier t01 models as I just love the smooth trigger others prefer latter type .early have slightly longer stroke too.

Whilst I love my airkings on a bench ,the 52 is favoured in field .

For a short period diana produced a thumbhole walnut original model 52 classic which come up occasionally for sale which are a fantastic improvement to hold over the standard stock for me in any case..

If just a field rifle ide go 48 /52 which should be cheaper with plain stock,great in 177 for faster fps ,but

.22 on fac or if it's your preference cal.

If you want better stock go for 52 .or walnut laminated stock which look peach..which ever you choose it won't disappoint .

I don't get on with under leavers myself .

Good luck .

Ultra carbine yummy .22

Not - so the 48 and 52 are side levers. I have a 52 which is FAC rated.

I had the 52 in .22 over twenty years ago now. Thought it was ok, but such a bulky thing for a 12ft lb rifle. I think they'd make a better FAC springer running at about low twenties. First one I saw was running at 23.5 ft lb with eley wasps. I wouldn't bother with one at 12ft lb. I'd get something smaller an lighter. Just my opinion.

I had the 52 in .22 over twenty years ago now. Thought it was ok, but such a bulky thing for a 12ft lb rifle. I think they'd make a better FAC springer running at about low twenties. First one I saw was running at 23.5 ft lb with eley wasps. I wouldn't bother with one at 12ft lb. I'd get something smaller an lighter. Just my opinion.

Yes I agree, my sub 12 is an HW97k, but if I need an air rifle with a little more umph the Diana 52 is just the job. For more power than that it is rimfire. IMHO

as for power I will be getting one sub 12ftlb.i do have a shotgun cert ( used to have a fac ).but im bored of air arms and HW rifles.yes they are fantastic I used to own the old type 97k/tx200 sr/and also the HW 80k.but im looking for something with that little extra.im a big fan of the side lever mainly because I can fit a good bi pod to the 48 or 52 ultra carbine :)... slowly going off the 460 magnum.

as for power I will be getting one sub 12ftlb.i do have a shotgun cert ( used to have a fac ).but im bored of air arms and HW rifles.yes they are fantastic I used to own the old type 97k/tx200 sr/and also the HW 80k.but im looking for something with that little extra.im a big fan of the side lever mainly because I can fit a good bi pod to the 48 or 52 ultra carbine :)... slowly going off the 460 magnum.

Hi Rootintootin

I'm led to believe that fitting a bipod to a springer will affect accuracy adversly (can't quantify this as i've never had one on a springer!) as already said, the 48/52 were designed to run a lot more powerful that we are allowed without fac..

I have a Diana mod52, it's a cracker! I also have some older Dianas that were actually called Original due to the Millard Brothers (MilBro) taking the Diana trade name after WW2 !!

The 52..

rifledianamod52.jpg

Cheers, John :)