Nightforce Rifle Scopes

Deako

Right lads, I need some advice please. :blush:

We need to get a small stock of Nightforce scopes in the shop for people to view prior to purchase...trouble is, at over £1000 per scope, I don't want to hold more than half a dozen! :huh:

So the question is this: given a choice of any, which reticle would you go for? This link may help:

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/?catid=4&viewitem=151

If you already have a Nightforce, have you been genuinely pleased with your choice of reticle, or do you wish you had chosen a different one?

I'll post the same question on the other forums as well and hopefully will be able to make an informed decision...for what its worth, our own demo rifle has the 5.5-22 x 56 NXS with the NP-2DD reticle.

Looking forward to your opinions,

Cheers. :good:

I own the 3.5-15 X 50, the reticle is the NP-R2

It's fabarooney :huh::good:

Given the choice of reticles I viewed on the Nightforce site I would choose the NP-R2 each and every time. The night I bought the scope I also looked through Swarowski (spelling), S&B and I believe there was another brand maybe Leoupold but I can't be sure.

I use my scope for lamping foxes and sometimes wabbits when I've had enough of the shottie, also a bit of winged vermin birdie bashing :blush: The only target work (so to speak) would be when zeroing the rifle, or practicing longer range shooting.

I find the NP-R2 is great for what I wanted it for, it won't obscure any target, it can be illuminated and the hold points for bullet drop, windage etc are very useful.

The MLR and Mil Dot (not the close range one) would interest me if the Np-R2 had not been available at the time of purchase.

ive used elma fuds night force. he has the np2 dd and its a good reticule, very fine and does not obscure the target at all. i personally find a lot of the european scopes have too thick posts.

I have never used a nightforce, so cannot comment. I agree 100% with your remark about european posts being too thick. I would have preferred them thinner on my S+B.

The nightforcescopes are good but not that good.Not for that money.For a start the optics is not in the same park as the S&B SWAROVSKI ZEISS and nightforce scpoes way a ton.If i was spending money like that on a scope in would be on the top of the range european scopes like the S&B 3-12X50PM11 34MM thats what you call a scope.

Hi Deako

I've not used any other Nightforce scopes other than 5.5-22x56 with the np 2dd reticules. These reticules are quick onto the target and easy to use. If for some reason you cant see the dot on a target then turn on the IR, problem solved.

I would not get rid of these scopes. For me these scopes are 10/10

Good luck

EF

wise man,

You ain't that wise mate...I just wanted to know peoples preferred reticles.

We stock all the major brands, I can, and do use many top end scopes...but I do choose Nightforce over all others, and they are VERY GOOD, some people just get wet whenever German glass is mentioned <_<:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for your opinion though, we all have our preferences. :lol: