Thimbleby shooting ground to close !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot there last night in the Osmotherley show comp the place was heaving took over 3hrs to shoot 5 stands..

Was told the new owners had tidied the site up and done a lot of work but the only difference i could see was new and better shooting stages..

As KW said some very good targets but at present the layout is just the same..

Picked up a leaflet on opening times and its 7 days a week I know Dave was getting grief from the locals about the noise and he was only open 3 days at the most

so i think the locals will soon be complaining if there is shooting every day :lol::lol::lol:

price per clay 26p

sport trap layout 45 clays £10.00

50 bird sporting £12.00

50 ( including 50 cartridges ) £22.00

100 bird sporting £24.00

100 (including cartridges ) £45.00

Cartridges per box £ 5.50

so the prices are not to bad far better than i thought they would be..

Edited by hawkeye

I always found Dave to be a pleasant person to deal with, as do others that I know. For the most part

the ground put on plenty of good birds, though I will admit that changes were few towards the end of Dave's

tenure - but that was probably understandable considering he was on notice to quit.

Personally, I wish Dave all the best and thank him for the service he put in over the years. I am not sure why

those who post negative comments do so, after all, if the reception and service was not to their liking, why

did they go to the ground at all?

I always found Dave to be a pleasant person to deal with, as do others that I know. For the most part

the ground put on plenty of good birds, though I will admit that changes were few towards the end of Dave's

tenure - but that was probably understandable considering he was on notice to quit.

Personally, I wish Dave all the best and thank him for the service he put in over the years. I am not sure why

those who post negative comments do so, after all, if the reception and service was not to their liking, why

They didn't, there are a lot of people that stopped going because of the poor service

Edited by hawkeye

agreed, guy was more than happy to help me out when asked,never found him other than helpful and polite, perhaps you receive what you give?

KW

Same here .

It remains to be seen how the new regime perform !

Edited by matone

agreed, guy was more than happy to help me out when asked,never found him other than helpful and polite, perhaps you receive what you give?

KW

Always looked after us when our club visited,

The bloke cooking the sandwiches left a bit to be desired in the ettiquette department though

:shaun:

I spoke to Dave about people who left and he said a lot didn't like clay mate when he installed it I can't understand why as I think it's great especially when shooting on your own Gordon

because they used to pay for 70 and shoot 100 that's why?

KW

I always found Dave friendly and helpful,along with the other guy whose name escapes me.

As for the clay mates we thought they were fine,4 of us used to go and shoot 100 sporting for which you would get 440 and never needed more than 3 or 4 for no birds.

However time moves on and I wish Dave all the best for his new venture and good luck to the new owners,we shall pay a visit soon.

Atb

Fielddweller

The clay mate system he installed is great when set up right and the traps are in good order, the clays are not cracked.

I have been with friends and had seven clays break on one stand one trap not send any but take clays off your card, what a day that was. Told him on our return to be told your supposed to come straight back and tell us, what from the end few stands :no:

Look at the boards on each stand telling what type of target is being thrown and from where :no: not even close, board not updated to match the clays. Can't see a pair before shooting.

Other times it's worked great, but very hit and miss put people off and the attitude on informing of no birds and broken clays wasn't what was expected a lot of the time.

Very Jekyll and Hyde at times.

But some will always take the wee wee with the amount they shoot. Leading to a lot of the problems.

Hope the new management get it right and take it further. Wish Dave the very best of in what ever he decides to do next.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

The clay mate system he installed is great when set up right and the traps are in good order, the clays are not cracked.

I have been with friends and had seven clays break on one stand one trap not send any but take clays off your card, what a day that was. Told him on our return to be told your supposed to come straight back and tell us, what from the end few stands :no:

Look at the boards on each stand telling what type of target is being thrown and from where :no: not even close, board not updated to match the clays. Can't see a pair before shooting.

Other times it's worked great, but very hit and miss put people off and the attitude on informing of no birds and broken clays wasn't what was expected a lot of the time.

Very Jekyll and Hyde at times.

But some will always take the wee wee with the amount they shoot. Leading to a lot of the problems.

Hope the new management get it right and take it further. Wish Dave the very best of in what ever he decides to do next.

Figgy

I think you forgot to say you got 10% extra on clays bought and who would keep sending no birds after one or two I was always to to any problems let Dave know Gordon

It don't take much across ten stands to lose your ten extra clays goo1. As for running back to shop every time you get a few breakages or no clays,you know how far half the stands are from the shop. The no show clays were about every third clay. When a few of you are going round it mounts up. When you pay to shoot a 100 clays you want a 100 not ninety something. Easiest way is trappers, that way it's fair all round and any breakdowns are sorted quickly.

Figgy