What has been your best concert.

owo1-man

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call off my Mate one Monday evening asking me what I was up to the following evening and when I replied nought he told me he had won priority passes to see the Manic Street Preachers with free beer and did I fancy it as his Mrs had been called into work ! Oh yes ! it was around the time they had bought out the Everything Must Go album so was a great night in a small venue as well.

I'm a big OCS fan as well and have seen them around 5 times as well best time being around the Mosley Shoals album release some great material on that one.

See Oasis playing one of the last gigs played at the old Wembley and tbh it was too big a venue for my liking I would much rather a small intimate venue.

Rollin stones at Wembley 82, Marley at Hammersmith 76,( I'm afraid I was stoned through passive smoking of the weed !!) Live Aid in Hyde Park ( Met my first wife there in the crowd !) but the most memorable was the Queen tribute concert again at Wembley..

Bowie played sax on Motts Ian Hunters "All the young Dudes" May did what he does best.. and Bowie again with Annie Lennox for " Under Pressure" simply sensational.

The place hadn't rocked so much since 66.

Saw the Foos and The RHCP's too, Bad Company, Dianna Ross, Blur, Nirvana, Wings, XTC, Tears for Fears, Santana, Genesis, Mike and The Mechanics ( Paul Young era) Alice Cooper, Bowie again, Paul Simon, Jackson Brown and Robert Cray, Bowie again..

Also Glastonbury ....6 times on the trot when I was young and foolish

and a few others including I hate to admit......Michael Jackson ( Manchester), Elton Bog (Watford), Steps, Girls Aloud and Garry Glitter...

and a few others including I hate to admit......Michael Jackson ( Manchester), Elton Bog (Watford), Steps, Girls Aloud and Garry Glitter...

Ok, I'll come clean. I was dragged along to Roundhay Park in Leeds to watch Michael Jackson. Have to admit I enjoyed it. :blush:

SImon and Garfunkel in Central Park in 1981

U2 at Red Rocks in 1983

Best ones I have ever been to although I did see Metallica 3 nights in a row when the Black Album came out.

Went to see my favourite current band Tesseract support Lamb of God in Dublin last year.

Sex Pistols at Cromer Links Pavilion in 1977 (?)

AC/DC at West Runton 1979

Thin Lizzy at West Runton 1976

Rush at the Hammersmith Odeon 1978

Van Morrison at Blickling 2006

Queen at Cromer Links Pavilion in 1974 (?) They had just released "The Seven Seas of Rye" and were the support band for Boxer.

Edited by Whitebridges

my top 5

prince at the o2

kylie at the o2

bon jovi Twickenham stadium

Michael Jackson Wembley

tina turner knebworth

the most awfull one I have ever been to

peter Gabriel at the 02 the only reason I didn't walk out was because I had paid a fortune for the tickets and I am to tight to let it go ha ha

never again