new eley amber cartridges

clayslayer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is not the sales section I will not post the price (also I cannot remember) I will send you a PM on Wednesday.

I don't want to hijack what is a very amusing and interesting thread.

Edit to state we only sell Plastic

Edited by bakerboy

It’s such a shame that a great old name of English shooting should be in this position. On one hand you have two (Alleged ) employees attempting to gain a free advert and extolling the virtues of a product that their company makes and on the other some others slating the same for poor products and poor after sales service.

When you talk about that gorgeous smell, I remember it from the old paper cases. A thin wisp of white – grey acrid smoke that came from the paper case as I took it out of the chamber. It brings back memories of the old single barrel 16 bore back actioned under lever Damascus barrelled hammer gun that belonged to my grand father. The wall thickness at the muzzle was about as thick as a Stanley knife and must have been well out of proof as we were using Eley Grand Prix nitro cartridges in a gun that had been proofed for black powder many years previous. This didn’t concern my grandfather in the slightest and he shot everything from a rat to Canada’s with it using Eley Grand Prix No. 6s. In fact if one were pushed I’m sure that the muzzle would have been able to be used to cut out wads and cards it was that thin. My older brother used to take it out after rabbits and I used to follow along. Any thought of weapon proof and that it could blow up in the hands of us boys didn’t seem to come into it.

Edited by fortune

I'm no cart tart and generally buy the cheapest 7.5 or 8 I can find until now that was very frequently eley firsts or Olympics it won't be the later and unlikely to be the former.... Hull, gamebore, Express, Fiocchi, Victory I have shot them all, but only eley has managed to put me off and nothing to do with the actual cartridge....

But then I guess they can afford to loose me as a customer....

Edited by HDAV

It’s such a shame that a great old name of English shooting should be in this position. On one hand you have two (Alleged ) employees attempting to gain a free advert and extolling the virtues of a product that their company makes and on the other some others slating the same for poor products and poor after sales service.

When you talk about that gorgeous smell, I remember it from the old paper cases. A thin wisp of white – grey acrid smoke that came from the paper case as I took it out of the chamber. It brings back memories of the old single barrel 16 bore back actioned under lever Damascus barrelled hammer gun that belonged to my grand father. The wall thickness at the muzzle was about as thick as a Stanley knife and must have been well out of proof as we were using Eley Grand Prix nitro cartridges in a gun that had been proofed for black powder many years previous. This didn’t concern my grandfather in the slightest and he shot everything from a rat to Canada’s with it using Eley Grand Prix No. 6s. In fact if one were pushed I’m sure that the muzzle would have been able to be used to cut out wads and cards it was that thin. My older brother used to take it out after rabbits and I used to follow along. Any thought of weapon proof and that it could blow up in the hands of us boys didn’t seem to come into it.

In real terms we shot these because that's what the ironmongers had and nothing else ,imported cartridges were unheard of until the late 60's early 70's

Deershooter

This whole situation is laughable, Eley used to be a great British maker. They really do come over as a shower of **** in recent years, poor customer relations, poor quality control and now this thread...it's just bad for business, glad it's not my business that's being trashed. Lol

Azzurri.

Funny how people clam up when they realise they have opened there mouth and put their feet in up to the thighs .

Deershooter

they seem to have fallen down a hole. They only wanted to tell everyone how good these carts are.

I think it'll be coming shortly.......

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Tom, and I DO work for Eley Hawk Ltd.

I read this forum often and I find it very interesting and educating. I have not joined as a member, as I feel any of my comments would be biased.

This morning I have had some phone calls from friends who are members of this forum, letting me know of what was happening in this particular forum; after reading the posts, I have decided to join, to post one comment.

Please allow me;

The views of any individuals here are personal, and not or on behalf of the company, let me assure you of that. The only official communication is this one.

Regarding the new ranges of cartridges, we have tried to do something new and different, based on a marketing study. I appreciate some are not every body's cup of tea and we take the comments on board, to ensure future projects are improved.

Also, I would like to thank those members who showed their support to our company and products; this is much appreciated.

For those who do not feel that way, I apologise personally to them. I was not aware of the issues raised here, but even though there have been mitigating circumstances, we are reinforcing our sales team more than ever before to ensure we can support our customers how they deserve. We have clearly failed you, and we need to put things right.

For those on this forum who feel left out or ignored, I offer you now my personal help. Should you wish, please contact me directly and I will do my very best to solve any issues.

I hope the above is satisfactory; again my apologies and my best regards.

Sincerely,

T.A.

Guest cookoff013

without being too funny about this whole thing, clayslayer or whoever he is has the right to an opinion.

i think everyone should just back off, seriously.

the guy is a person not a company representative to be berated about his companys products. i couldnt give a monkeys who`s had bad shells or who didnt get a email back.

if you buy bad shells take them back to the shop you bought them from. get a replacement. full stop.

even though he`s supposedly an employee of eley, he has the right to an opinion, biased? probably. i really like to support british manufacturing, but eley are way back before some decent foreign shells.

we are all representatives of the wider shooting community, regardless of our jobs.

eley doesnt need to reply to this thread.

cook.

Just too late cook ;)

In fairness we see a number of 'have you seen these, these are great' posts from people who have a connection to the product.

All that was required was a degree of honestly without having to be 'outed' by another member.

Fair play to you Tom, and welcome to the forums.

Guest cookoff013

and people wonder why they dont open up themselves for more ridicule....

no wonder the manufacturers dont bother coming on here....

and people wonder why they dont open up themselves for more ridicule....

no wonder the manufacturers dont bother coming on here....

Yes but if you are going to sing the praises of a product then at least have the decency to express an interest in the said company,

Fair play to Tom for putting the record straight and offering to try and address customers problems

:shaun:

I am going to close this thread, as I believe that it has run its course with the official reply from Eley. I would recommend that individuals do take up TAA's offer of his personal attention and assistance to address their concerns.