chudleys dry food

jcbbracken

No I'm stating a fact, anybody can put down a bowl of complete and there dog will eat it, it's not a balanced natural diet. I have tried loads of complete from £8 wagg to £50 buffalo and it's all the same, tiny amounts of meat based products.. Non described at that, and vast amounts of grain or worse beetpulb.. Waste product from a sugar processing plant.

Keep dog food simple, meat of cuts and something to give them carbs, brown bread,pasta. Something you can look and see the information.

No I'm stating a fact, anybody can put down a bowl of complete and there dog will eat it, it's not a balanced natural diet. I have tried loads of complete from £8 wagg to £50 buffalo and it's all the same, tiny amounts of meat based products.. Non described at that, and vast amounts of grain or worse beetpulb.. Waste product from a sugar processing plant.

Keep dog food simple, meat of cuts and something to give them carbs, brown bread,pasta. Something you can look and see the information.

Not stricty true .

I work for one of the largest petfood manufacturers in the world , they employ lots of very clever nutritionists to ensure that the dogs are getting a perfectly balanced diet .

There are perhaps as many arguments why a raw diet is bad for a dog as there is with a complete food being bad for them.

I am not knocking Raw my dogs have a degree of it included but it is not the only way to give a dog the nutrients it needs .

• 2 months later...

Always worth looking at this website when deciding what food to buy because there is a lot of rubbish out there.

It's easy to be fooled by a cheap price but you end up feeding them twice as much because it's full of filler that the dog gets no benifit from, look at the feeding costs between a top draw food with top quality protein from MEAT and the bottom draw foods which the food companies make a fortune from.

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/compare-dog-foods/0161-0337-0295-0341/chudleys-vs-dr-john-vs-markus-muehle-vs-skinners

This debate will go on for ever, there is the argument that if the dog does alright on a food then why change him, good point but they might do better on the quality food.

Those that are just starting or fancy a change they would be mad not to look at the better quality food that is CHEAPER in some cases

It amazes me that some people who clearly love their dogs take pride in feeding them cheap rubbish, if I say I feed my dog on Markus Mahulle at 38 quid a bag they say you must be mad paying that much but it raises a few eyebrows when I tell them it's cheaper than crudelys or skinners or dr john (dr johns food you have to feed four times as much per day it's so full of rubbish)at 15 quid a bag,ya pay ya money etc

Edited by gazbev

Skinners ain't bad if you have a dog who needs filling up more, some dogs are not happy with a very small amount of food regardless of how packed with goodness.

I give my dog a mix of dried and left over food from our dinners like chicken beef fish and veg.

Figgy

Hi Will is it the 14th or 7th ???

Just seen this Tam, sorry. It was Sat there, 7th, date was changed a couple of months ago due to clash with several local events - hopefully you made it? I was away at a wedding so didn't manage on the day.