PW Charity Shoot - Registration and Discussion Thread

Teal

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could join young farrier and bring him along don't think it'd be fair though its a fun shoot and he's serious and shoots like a demon

All the best

Of

It may be for charity and we all want to raise lots of money.

But deep down I also want to beat the north hahaha. So bring him along

Thanks Mr Wright-Watt, I knew I could count on you. We still need a few more though both to boost the CHARITY donation and to ensure the Northern win is a substantial one, much more satisfying than whupping them by a small margin!!

Come on you Northern shooters, if you've been thinking about doing it, wondering whether it's for you, worried you won't know anyone (well you certainly will by the end of the day). Bite the bullet now, go to the first post on this thread, 27 pages back, find the sign up details on there and join up. You won't regret it.

Mr Potter

PS. I've got a dreadful feeling that my luck on the raffle is jinxed at Sporting Targets, only venue where I didn't win much at all. So that should make the odds of picking up some fantastic prizes even better and you've got to be there to be in the draw.

OJW, on 19 May 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:snapback.png

Is it possible to buy raffle tickets if you're not going to the day? I can't make the day due to the fact I have my post grad finals which start on Monday unfortunately. But would like to buy raffle tickets, to give to charity an take part.

Thanks

This has been asked before

It would be hard as the prizes aren't numbered and the winner (Mr Potter) chooses a prize, another ticket gets drawn and that person (Mr Potter) chooses the next prize and so on until all the prizes (usually all won by Mr Potter) have been taken

I will try and get Teal to give a definitive answer

:shaun:

Shaun is right it has been asked most years - as thanks to the generosity of PW members we have had some awesome prizes - looking through the list PW is going to pop in one of the famous Bergara Chairs so that will go on the list :good:

We've found the best way to run the raffle is for each of the prizes to be chosen by the ticket holders rather than a numbered system. This is to make sure that people win the prizes that they want, and to administer it on the day if the raffle ticket holders are not there would be very problematic as there will be a pretty full table of prizes and even in the event of a win posting the prizes back to the winner will be problematic too. Therefore we only sell the raffle tickets on the day, if you know someone local to you or can find someone who is willing to buy some tickets on your behalf you are more than welcome to, and that would definitely be encouraged, but from a central admin point of view we are only selling tickets to people there on the day.

I hope that all makes sense :good:

4 new sign-ups this morning - thanks for getting them in, we now have the same number as entrants as last year, and all being well some more to come :)

OJW, on 19 May 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:snapback.png

We've found the best way to run the raffle is for each of the prizes to be chosen by the ticket holders rather than a numbered system.

Just a tought, in my opinion this will ''kill'' the surprise element, and less chances to get a decent prize, as some prizes are more desirable than other... I would rather buy 20 tickets and choose a pheasant driven day than some carp romanian wine... :whistling:

Just a tought, in my opinion this will ''kill'' the surprise element, and less chances to get a decent prize, as some prizes are more desirable than other... I would rather buy 20 tickets and choose a pheasant driven day than some carp romanian wine... :whistling:

Always the way with raffles - the luckiest get first pick etc...

But hard with a numbering system as some people in the very North of the country may find it hard to go down to Mordor to forge with Old Farrier, and others who own a semi auto may not want another etc... Lesser of two evils I reckon.

Crikey, I'd be like a boy in a toy shop if I won - would possibly have a heart attack.

But hard with a numbering system as some people in the very North of the country may find it hard to go down to Mordor to forge with Old Farrier, and others who own a semi auto may not want another etc...

The winners can swap the unwanted prizes amongst them...

One of my favourite memories about the PW Charity Shoot in 2011 at Sporting Targets, I'm not sure which member it was, but as I later found out he was a survivor of prostate cancer he sportingly bought a decent number of raffle tickets. Slabs of cartridges, shooting opportunities, pigeon magnet, flappers and many other high ticket items on the raffle table. His ticket is the first one drawn, everyone's eyes focused on him as he steps up to the table, has a quick look after it, and says now where is that bottle of unknown foreign vodka that Mungler donated, finds it on the table and sits back down. Big round of applause, top bloke.

I can't be there as I'm shooting that weekend at Beverley CTC. Any chance I can substitute my ex 100 ABT score from Saturday to help the Southerners out?

Just to give you the edge at Beverly Phil,

For every target you miss ex 100, we will deduct 10 from the Souths score,

However......if you straight it at Beverly, we will deduct 3 targets from the Norths score

Can't say fairer than that, ;)

As for the raffle, the way it is at the moment is great, there were many times over the shoots that if someone won a couple in a row they didn't take the prize, left it for the next person drawn.

That's what it is all about.....

It's a shame for the people that for whatever reasons can't be there, but it's the easiest and quickest way to do it.

Well I am concerned that the Crown Shoot team are correct, the South are currently 11 guns ahead of us gallant Northerners. Now I know it's not all about numbers for the win but Sporting Targets was the only ground where the South has scraped a narrow victory.

Come on the North, we have got to get the numbers up, not just to increase the odds of a Northern win but we are raising money for charity and I'd like to think the North raised more than the South.

I've said this before the result doesn't really matter although I have rather got used to the Glorious North coming first. Let's see if we can have one big push before the entries close on Wednesday, get signed up and again if you can't make it for work or family reasons please, please please consider a small donation on the Just Giving we page linked from the Charity Shoot website.

If you are thinking your score won't be good enough to effect the final winner, don't let that put you off, you should still have a great day, could win some fantastic prizes in the raffle and your money will help push the Pigeon Watch donation to ORCHID to record levels.

You know it makes sense!

Mr Potter

We're returning from the TT that day otherwise I'd be gracing you with a blinding display of shooting prowess :D

Chaps,

Just to let you know that as well as donating some raffle prizes, my business, The Copper Kettle Craft Brewery, is offering bottled ales for preorder and sale on the day with a 10% donation from every sale going to the shoot charity.

Please see this thread for details:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/283953-guns-and-beer/

Just to give you the edge at Beverly Phil,

For every target you miss ex 100, we will deduct 10 from the Souths score,

However......if you straight it at Beverly, we will deduct 3 targets from the Norths score

Can't say fairer than that, ;)

As for the raffle, the way it is at the moment is great, there were many times over the shoots that if someone won a couple in a row they didn't take the prize, left it for the next person drawn.

That's what it is all about.....

It's a shame for the people that for whatever reasons can't be there, but it's the easiest and quickest way to do it.

That's very fair indeed Shaun and I wouldn't have expected anything less from you. However, I will not be able to accept the offer. Lol

Finally got round to signing up, will be nice to put some faces to forum names of some of the regulars. Just a shame I'll be dragging the north's average score down...

Now to find out why my on-call has been moved around and move it back out of the way...

Andy.

Edited by derfley