£35000.00 what would you buy

Will Poon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, when I say "essentially" I mean apart from the cosmetics and how much it costs. Fair enough but would you pay significantly more for different coloured window frames?

I happen to really like the appearance of the Touareg as it happens but wouldn't buy the Q7 because it looks too much like an estate car, but yes I would pay the extra for the Porsche badge. We're assuming that money is no object (ish). :)

ps. VB, you so would. :lol:

Audi A6 all road, I have the 245 bhp model, Audi lent me a bi turbo a6 for a week when they first came out absolutely amazing performance, just frightened the life out of me. So I ordered the 245 bhp, it's a fantastic car, but it's not the bi turbo, and all being well when I change it in 18 months time the next one will be, super car performance, no turbo lag, but with the badges removed very under stated.

I think with £35k a sensible option would be two cars. 1st an E39 BMW B10 Alpina, a real wolf in sheeps clothing and would only cost £6k. A fraction slower to 60mph than an M5, same top speed 155mph -almost supercar performance at Mondeo/Vectra pricing. The Alpina may well become an apreciating classic as they are released in limited numbers. 2nd a good TD5 Discovery for the days when the weathers bad or you plan to go off the beaten track. Invest the change, probably £25k on the stock market and the annual dividends would pay for would cover the up keep of the motors.