£35000.00 what would you buy

Will Poon

I would go for the Disco 4, great car and great ability or the last of the old style Range Rover sport, The Disco has Lots of room, a good v6 diesel engine will return around 30 mpg. As secondhand, then get a good low mileage with at least a 2 year warranty as some parts are expensive if they fail ( alternator and air suspension ) .

would stress you need a good warranty, just in case and to give you a peace of mind. Land Rover has recently been jacking up the cost of its spares and maintenance is not that cheap.

dave

Get the Toyota land cruiser or Hilux they don`t fall to bits, so lack of warranty isn`t such an issue.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can afford to spend 35K on a car :o does the MPG really matter :D

Most definately it would matter, 7 years ago I had one of the first Q7 and I was spending about £70 a week on diesel :no: and I only live 3 miles away to work. I didn't even shoot in those days , nowadays I'm travelling a 3 hr round trip on Tuesdays alone just to go shooting !

The new RS6 is £80k new, does 20 mpg petrol if you're lucky and books 0-60 in 4 secs

The SQ5 is £45k new, does 35 mpg diesel (combined) and books 0-60 in 5 secs

No brainer to me. Put £35k in your back bin, go further on a tank, get easy insurance but be away 1 second slower at the lights.

Edited by Mungler

The new RS6 is £80k new, does 20 mpg petrol if you're lucky and books 0-60 in 4 secs

The SQ5 is £45k new, does 35 mpg diesel (combined) and books 0-60 in 5 secs

No brainer to me. Put £35k in your back bin, go further on a tank, get easy insurance but be away 1 second slower at the lights.

Downside to the SQ5 is you look like a cock driving one and you only bought one because you couldn't afford an RS6 or a Q7 Edited by SSS

Downside to the SQ5 is you look like a cock driving one and you only bought one because you couldn't afford an RS6 or a Q7

:lol:

My old boss has a handful of Astons as well as a Ferrari and a few other interesting cars - he's a bit of a car nut.

He always said that whichever car he took out, there would be the 1% that would feel the need to tell him ''they look better in black' or 'that's got the wrong wheels' or 'you didn't want the V12, I would have got the V8 that's the one to have'. What always tickled him was how this sage advice was given to him by people driving Maestros or Primeras, and was never delivered from out of the driver's window of an Aston or a Ferrari. Following on, I don't think that what other people thought ever influenced any of his car purchases :lol:

Well after watching last nights 5th gear you don't want the RS6

They did a speed test, 10 laps on an oval circuit (15 miles) averaging 108 MPH

Averaged 5.38 MPG!!

Still a nice car though

:shaun:

It's impractical at £80k+ for the car and 6 miles per gallon; super unleaded is about £1.30 a litre x 5.546 to get the price per gallon = call it £6.

Or the other way is 12k miles a year is about £13k annual petrol bill. Alright, you won't be driving it like its stolen for every mile but it's still going to be 'in that ball park'.

I just refuse to give that kind of money to Esso. I think I'd even go as far to say I couldn't afford to give that kind of money to Esso :lol:

This chap has 35k to spend on a car and some people are harping on about fuel economy. IMO if you've got that money and want something special economy is irrelevant. Also the ones saying spend 10k and the rest on this/that. It appears he wants to spend 35k ON A CAR,

For that money you'd just about get a Bentley continental, fantastic rs4/rs6, AMG merc maybe even an estate for practicality. Personally I'd look at a merc g63 AMG. Not the most accomplished vehicle in the world but what is choose for my tastes.

Keep us informed in what you do get. ATB 425