Landrover or l200

michufc

I have never had ether but I do have a friend who sells logs he had a defender until someone went in to the back of it as he needed the truck for work he P/Xd it for a L200 twin cab and he loves it he tells me that it is much nicer to drive on the road/motorway than the defender and fitted with a new set of BFG ATs it dose what he needs off road when cutting down trees.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I ran 1999 L200 for best part of ten years, until it was stolen. It was extremely reliable, not as good at the Landy in deep ruts due to independent front suspension and therefore ground clearance, but with BFG AT tyres it could hold its own green laning. The only problems I had was a new alternator, (caused by a day at off road centre and 3 of the 4 Land Rover boys with me had the same problem) so would recommend. I understand some of the later ones do have a few more problems but the Disco I an running now for 4 years has had lots more repairs than the L200 did in 10 years.

I'm running an l200 at the min for shooting and only had a few problems (I burnt the clutch out dragging my range rover up a massive hill... original mistsi clutch at 140k)

Holds its own off road (mines a proper offroader lifted bob tailed etc) just last week i had to drag my mate in a jacked up disco out of a hole i drove through.

Not as good as a landy mind...

Mines got a proper heater, remote mount for the lamp and a winch with a land anchor.

An older l200 runs nice on veg oil too :')