Inside the miroku factory

HDAV

Guest cookoff013

yup, i`ve a few shotguns, some decent ones too, in the event of a fire, i`d either grab that one, or that would be the first gun i`d replace with the insurance monkey.

Thanks for that, fascinating, surprisingly manual in process. You can't help thinking that Browning and Co miss a marketing opportunity with largely handmade quality product can you? It goes someway to explaining why the guns are £1500 ish or more, remarkable value considering what's gone into manufacturing the product.

I have 2 Japanese Brownings and a miroku. I now feel they are even more special than I already thought they were.

What care, quality and precision for a relatively cheap gun. Apart from fitting the stock to you, I am left wondering what more they could do.I also wonder if the Beretta process is better. Or as good.

Thanks for posting the article.

I have 2 Japanese Brownings and a miroku. I now feel they are even more special than I already thought they were.

What care, quality and precision for a relatively cheap gun. Apart from fitting the stock to you, I am left wondering what more they could do.I also wonder if the Beretta process is better. Or as good.

Thanks for posting the article.

Mirokus main business is car parts beretta are pure firearms, from 9mm to top end shotguns yet

looks more like a car parts factory to me......

Edited by HDAV

Interesting comparing the modern and traditional gun making methods . All down to numbers ,how many guns you make ,whether you make a standard gun or custom made and how big your market is . Speaking as one of the few on this site that has actually worked on full time shotgun manufacture I see the appeal of both worlds ,but must admit that work in a factory such as Miroku or Beretta must not be much different to a production line at Nissan or Ford .In my time every thing was machined but all had to be hand filed and fitted shaped and finished ,rather than the assembly job with minimum fitting of today .