Going regardless

I woke up at 6am to a very wet day yesterday, I stood there looking at the warmth of my bed wondering whether to just call the shooting off. It took less than a millisecond to decide to carry on and shoot through it. I only get chance to go maybe once every 2 months. Needles to say it took a lot of additional effort from my friend and my self to even get the gear to our selected shooting spot. Due to the now pouring down rain. We were set up for roughly 7am and the birds were dropping in before we'd put down our last decoy. We were shooting over rape that in fairness was quite high in places. As we sat down and readied our selves for what would come. (We shot 10 on Thursday) even through the pouring down rain they were committing them selves to the pattern and banking straight into the spinner we had set up to the right. We soon realised that in these conditions we were being ambitious with the location of the spinner so we moved the spinner slightly closer to the hide which we had set up in the centre of a field around a large oak tree. Then the fun really began and the bag started to grow. We'd got it right! For once. As they were coming thick and fast we had varying success but we were certainly enjoying the day so far. It went quite mid day with them coming in drips and drabs which allowed me to restock the ammo supplies. I was shooting an old Lig side by side and hit some of the best shots of my life. With them coming in so well I decided I wanted my very first left and right and within 40 mins I had it. I was chuffed as my friend was videoing it... But managed to miss the whole thing! You're probably thinking at this point that I'm going to say we shot hundreds of pigeons this is not the case we shot a modest 50 which is my personal record day. But it's certainly a day that I will remember as everything went well. It's probably worth adding if we'd hit everything we shot at it would have been well over 100.

Sorry if this was a bit lengthy It's just I'm still beaming.

Cheers

Chris

I woke up at 6am to a very wet day yesterday, I stood there looking at the warmth of my bed wondering whether to just call the shooting off. It took less than a millisecond to decide to carry on and shoot through it. I only get chance to go maybe once every 2 months. Needles to say it took a lot of additional effort from my friend and my self to even get the gear to our selected shooting spot. Due to the now pouring down rain. We were set up for roughly 7am and the birds were dropping in before we'd put down our last decoy. We were shooting over rape that in fairness was quite high in places. As we sat down and readied our selves for what would come. (We shot 10 on Thursday) even through the pouring down rain they were committing them selves to the pattern and banking straight into the spinner we had set up to the right. We soon realised that in these conditions we were being ambitious with the location of the spinner so we moved the spinner slightly closer to the hide which we had set up in the centre of a field around a large oak tree. Then the fun really began and the bag started to grow. We'd got it right! For once. As they were coming thick and fast we had varying success but we were certainly enjoying the day so far. It went quite mid day with them coming in drips and drabs which allowed me to restock the ammo supplies. I was shooting an old Lig side by side and hit some of the best shots of my life. With them coming in so well I decided I wanted my very first left and right and within 40 mins I had it. I was chuffed as my friend was videoing it... But managed to miss the whole thing! You're probably thinking at this point that I'm going to say we shot hundreds of pigeons this is not the case we shot a modest 50 which is my personal record day. But it's certainly a day that I will remember as everything went well. It's probably worth adding if we'd hit everything we shot at it would have been well over 100.

Sorry if this was a bit lengthy It's just I'm still beaming.

Cheers

Chris

Brilliant and well deserved!!