reccomend a bipod

kiffy

hi folks, i am looking for a bipod for my falcon fn12 airgun... never used a bipod before so dont know what to go for so thought id ask for some advice.

i dont use an airgun to often these days so dont want to spend a fortune on one.. also due to my gun being fairly compact i dont want a big one... would also be nice if it was removable

any ideas?

Second hand Harris is what I would recommend, extremely good quality, they will outlast any of the cheaper bipods. They come in an array of different sizes, have telescopic legs so you can adjust height. Personally I'd get a swivel based one so you can keep your rifle levelled when hunting on eneven ground ie 99% of the time.

As much as I always think buy the best you can afford... Just last week I got a 6-9 bipod off a popular auction site for the grand sum of £20 posted. It doesn't tilt or swivel like these spangly ones do but I had it for my 12ftlb daystate, I only do a bit of bench rest and the odd rabbit with it so didn't want to spend a fortune. Anyway I'll cut to the chase, I am impressed with it especially for it being a fraction of the price, fast removable with a thumb screw it just comes off the swivel stud. For what I use it for it is fantastic. Take from it what you will buy its bob on for my needs.

Edited by Matt_

Blackhawk is a cheaper option and the build quality is excellent, just as good as harris. Deben also make a good bipod too.

Ive got the 9-13 traverse model. There's a few on Ebay in the UK for sale cheap.

I started with a cheap one for €20 on ebay and it lasted 2 years before a leg fell off.

You really cannot beat Harris for getting a good stable platform for accurate shooting that will out last most of us..... why lower your standard after all that effort to get your gun and have it accurate?.... Just put a Harris 6 to 9inch swivel on it.

Did I mention I have one for sale! :whistling:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/275970-harris-bipod-9-to-13-with-swivel/

before i posted i knew harris would get the most votes.. didnt really want to spend almost a hundred quid on a bipod i might only use a few times a year but it looks like you have talked me into it

malkiserow.. tempting offer but its a 6-9 id be after

anyone know the best, sorry i mean cheapest place to get one?

Do you do most of your shooting laying prone during the day? Or lamping at night?

I only ask as if it's the latter you'd be better off making a set of quad sticks, just as stable and thirty quid tops.

If shooting of the top of a vehicle I also find that a shooting bag is better all round.

Edited by mick miller

i dont do a massive amount of airgun shooting and havent for donkies years butnwhen i do its usually as i was las tweekend and laying prone, or shooting over a wall or vehicle so a bipods the best way to go for me.

I find the longer version very handy when shooting from a static position. Back up against a wall of tree and shot from sitting, also better than the std if your in heather or white grass prone. Never carry attached I just store it in the roe sack etc. The std length version is great for clean ground prone and off benches, bonnets etc. Swivel version is a must and I add an after market pod lock as it is so much easier to set loose and lock down when spot on vertical alignment is achieved. I rarely find the need shoot an airgun prone due to the limited ranges involved