Shoot or overtime

figgy

When it comes to your shooting would you go shooting and say sod the overtime or would you work the overtime.

I've done both at various times but worked only when forced by need or had no choice at work.

Went to my local club today as been offshore for a few weeks without any access to the forum,expected to see a few familiar faces, but alas no :no: told by two of his other shooting mates that he was working overtime that he was doing in place of a shift worker,poor shift worker. Wonder if he wants to pay more tax than others who shall remain nameless. No wonder he's getting grumpy.

I prefer to shoot as much as I can when I can afford to and only work as much as I need to. I certainly won't be still working past my pension and retirement plus doing overtime :whistling:

What do you lot choose to do with your work life balance.

Figgy

Don't know who you are referring to,some real greedy beggars about, funnily enough I have just worked this weekend and last :) but this coming loong weekend I will be relaxing and spending the dosh in Paris, its a hard life.

KW

Guest rimotu66

I have already done a couple of extra shifts this year so that's my commitment fulfilled I think, life's to short bring on the shooting :good:

Edited by rimotu66

Don't know who you are referring to,some real greedy beggars about, funnily enough I have just worked this weekend and last :) but this coming loong weekend I will be relaxing and spending the dosh in Paris, its a hard life.

KW

What are you doing in gay Paris next weekend?

Hope its a romantic weekend with your dear lady and your not going to watch a load of men.

Figgy

What are you doing in gay Paris next weekend?

Hope its a romantic weekend with your dear lady and your not going to watch a load of men.

Figgy

yep going to watch a load pf men PSG V St Etienne,on my tod away from it all jus me and a few beers, and to see if my french is as good as my tutor says!!! catch you at ronnies weekend after.

KW

Self employed so work work work . I have 2 kids , maintanance to the ex, house , van etc so I need the money .

If the works there you take it while you can as you can't live without it .

Money first then shooting second .

I don't work Sundays tho as never asked so shooting day for me :)

If you need the money or your work is feast and famine, grab it when you can. I have done for years but am now trying to get a bit more of a balance. My work is all contract so work when I have to and enjoy my time off when I get it.

But working for workings sake seems daft, as to me work is to pay for your life not to become your life. Now where are them seven twelves, what do you mean only twelve hours a day what no overtime.

Figgy

When it comes to your shooting would you go shooting and say sod the overtime or would you work the overtime.

I've done both at various times but worked only when forced by need or had no choice at work.

Went to my local club today as been offshore for a few weeks without any access to the forum,expected to see a few familiar faces, but alas no :no: told by two of his other shooting mates that he was working overtime that he was doing in place of a shift worker,poor shift worker. Wonder if he wants to pay more tax than others who shall remain nameless. No wonder he's getting grumpy.

I prefer to shoot as much as I can when I can afford to and only work as much as I need to. I certainly won't be still working past my pension and retirement plus doing overtime :whistling:

What do you lot choose to do with your work life balance.

Figgy

It is no good dying the richest man in the village....because you don't get a second chance...

TEH

If you need the money or your work is feast and famine, grab it when you can. I have done for years but am now trying to get a bit more of a balance. My work is all contract so work when I have to and enjoy my time off when I get it.

But working for workings sake seems daft, as to me work is to pay for your life not to become your life. Now where are them seven twelves, what do you mean only twelve hours a day what no overtime.

Figgy

seems hard for some to grasp but some do actually enjoy their work and can get their harris out of bed, mind it helps if your on mega bucks :lol:

KW

seems hard for some to grasp but some do actually enjoy their work and can get their harris out of bed, mind it helps if your on mega bucks :lol:

KW

Don't tell the people that no one will believe you, mungler already let the cat out the bag that he pays more tax than you and he is self employed,so we all know your on a pittance and need to work seven days a week. Must be the north south divide. £3.50 oop ere is still enough for a top pint of whatever you fancy but darn sarf in the smoke be lucky to get a half of that fizzy yellow wee wee :lol:

Figgy

I've just finished a 84 hr stint 5 mins ago my thoughtfull boss has said I no you finish Monday morning so have Monday off and start Tuesday 7am ???

Can't complain I'm well regarded I have a job thousands would love to have and the money is great,

But I do miss shooting I'm having Friday off then it will be another 10 days before I see any fields..

With no job though you can't shoot.

I will finish my training course in 3 weeks then it's back on 4 on 6 off "can't wait" !!!!!!

Im always taking the mick out of kdubya about all the work he does now he's retired but i can put a stop to his work i

only have to tell him i have seen loads of crows / pigeons on such and such field and the comment is right i will be there at first light...

So why not work when there is nothing else to do he goes shooting as soon as i tell him there are birds about... :whistling:

I'm going to stop telling him then i might get some shooting in :lol::lol:

Hi.....I worked on a shooting estate for the last 25 years, so I had the best of both worlds I was earning decent money and had all the pigeon shooting I wanted also took guns duck shooting and put them on there pegs on shoot days, so all in all a good job but all through my life I had made my mind up I would pack up work at 60 and I kept to my word and I finished on my 60th birth day ,do I regret it ? , no the only thing I regret I didn't pack up a year or two before , because as you get older the effort in doing your sport gets harder but I can put up with that .I had a bit of savings and my boss once said to me your money wont last for ever, and I said to him no and nor will I.

Over time every time, as theres little quarry about and you have to make hay while the sun shines so to speak.

I do attional hours through the night and weekends on top of my "office hours".

We are younger home owners so the mortgage isnt as low as some others and we want to get our home nice and climb the propperty market so that one day we can have a small holding or something with a little land for some chickens and maybe a horse/sheep.

We arent going to get given it so were working hard for it.

ATB

Matt