ebay, yodel, and chainsaws

Paddy Galore!

hi gents, having some grief with parcels to go at the moment, they've got a chainsaw of mine i bought last week, it was posted saturday on a 24hr delivery and has been sitting in a depot since monday, it should have been delivered tuesday etc etc. i've just been given the details from the seller and contacted them about it. here is where the problems start, firstly, they are using yodel to deliver it, secondly, i'm moving house at the weekend, thirdly, i'll be offline for about a week until they reconnect me at the new address, fourthly, they won't let me pick the damn thing up. fifthly, they won't contact me with the updated details because i'm not the one who contracted them to deliver the parcel.

do any of you guys work for yodel? any chance you could have a word :lol:

Guest rimotu66

hi gents, having some grief with parcels to go at the moment, they've got a chainsaw of mine i bought last week, it was posted saturday on a 24hr delivery and has been sitting in a depot since monday, it should have been delivered tuesday etc etc. i've just been given the details from the seller and contacted them about it. here is where the problems start, firstly, they are using yodel to deliver it, secondly, i'm moving house at the weekend, thirdly, i'll be offline for about a week until they reconnect me at the new address, fourthly, they won't let me pick the damn thing up. fifthly, they won't contact me with the updated details because i'm not the one who contracted them to deliver the parcel.

do any of you guys work for yodel? any chance you could have a word :lol:

had to pick this up from the depot, finally got an answer why it hadn't been delivered, "it smelt of petrol"

no **** sherlock :lol:

Eh?

I think they where in there rights, as you say it smelt of petrol, did they know it was a chain saw? It could of been something far worse.

Edited by rimotu66

Eh?

I think they where in there rights, as you say it smelt of petrol, did they know it was a chain saw? It could of been something far worse.

that's down to the seller to tell them, they wouldn't discuss much with me because i was only the recipient, i had to light a fire under the sellers backside which isn't nice to do but i'm moving tomorrow and won't be online for about a week, i didn't have much choice other than lose my hard earned. the last words from parcel to go was that the courier had lost the bloody thing, no mention of a petrol whiff as a reason why they wouldn't deliver. if that was the only problem, then why didn't they contact the seller on monday when they received it?

anyhoo! problem solved and am now considering what to royally mess up with my new old 045av :lol:

Edited by Paddy Galore!