Howard Leight Impact Sport Ear Defenders

pocko3000

Hi All, I originally put this post in another thread but thought I would open it up to the wider audience.

I bought a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport from Amazon about a year ago and am very pleased with them, for the price they seem to be robust and don't seem as bulky as some on the market.

When wearing them out shooting and they are turned up about 3/4 of the way to full volume when stood next to somebody shooting they still seem really loud they never seem to 'cut out' or dull the noise in any way.

Does anyone know if they are supposed to cut out or just lower the volume?

I have used a pair of Deban's and they 'cut out' as it were and it is very obvious when it does. I’m just wondering if the Impact Sports work in a different way or I maybe have a faulty pair?

I have got round the issue by only having them turned up half way and everything is at a comfortable level and can still hear people to have a conversation and will carry on using them but just wanted to see of anyone else had similar experiences?

Appreciate any feedback,

Edited by pocko3000

I have a pair myself and in my experience they lower any noise over about 83db (i think) down to that. Although if you have them turned down a bit lower then it does seem to lower the sound of a shot slightly too.

Ive never used any other electric ones personally but im not sure id like the shot noise to be cut out all together... I like being able to hear everything just at a safe level.

Just wondering whether anybody took the subscription offer in the Field magazine? The offer was for a free pair of Howard Leights(closed Feb 28th). Haven't heard anything back yet, anybody else?

Dave

Hi Dave, just had a quick look at the T&C's: http://www.magazinesdirect.com/mobile/corporate/terms-and-conditions/#wg

Says you will receive them within 28 days of the first payment going out, its so frustrating waiting for stuff though! :mad:

Hi Dave, just had a quick look at the T&C's: http://www.magazinesdirect.com/mobile/corporate/terms-and-conditions/#wg

Says you will receive them within 28 days of the first payment going out, its so frustrating waiting for stuff though! :mad:

:-) I want my toys!

On a serious note, I'm hoping that they have enough stock to fulfill all the orders....

Just wondering whether anybody took the subscription offer in the Field magazine? The offer was for a free pair of Howard Leights(closed Feb 28th). Haven't heard anything back yet, anybody else?

Dave

Hi, I got mine about 3 weeks ago, a shooting friend got his a day later. May be worth giving them a call.

Edited by Westley