Hawke scope

Subaru_sti5

I have used a few Hawke scopes and I must admit I have found them very good for the money. Used them on PCP .177 air rifles and they did what it said on the tin. Build quality was good, light capture was good and the adjustments were spot on. They say you should pay as much as you can afford on a scope but with modern developments and production lines many of the cheaper scopes are as good as some of the more expensive scopes. What are you going to use it on, is this target shooting or game shooting, day time or dusk/dawn and to what distances?

:)

Well it is certainly built for the job and I can not fault the scope but then I used them on kit the other end of the scale. I was going for a Hawke for the .22lr but when I was on the Uttings site they had a Nikko Stirling Gameking going for a good price with the LRX reticule and I did not hesitate.

I do not think you will go wrong for that money.

Cheers v8 I'm definatly leaninh towards the sidewinder now I think.

I have 2 x Sidewinders, one of the old and one of the latest.

They are very averagely ok, reasonable value for money, the latest version is better than the old.

No particular criticism or compliments, the only real comment I have is that they are not light, so be mindful of this in the gun setup. :good: