evo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stunning Bob.

That stock certainly is stunning like you said with that dark vein running through it.

What pellets are you using and have you tried Bisley Magnums through it yet?

yes mate over the moon , as you said the dark vein running through it is stunning, the photo doesn't do it justice as it fades out into the butt,

I,ve only zero,d it in at the mo, not had a chance to fully tune the zero yet but going by what it did with the first ten pellets , I think I,m gonna love this rifle as it grouped pretty tight at 40yrds and I couldn,t even see the pellet at night with security light on it was travelling that fast, I can see the .22 easily,

just need to spend a few hours in the field practicing with it now but I think I,ll enjoy that,

cheers Bob

that dark vein is normally a sign the wood is weak and will prob split in the not too distant future, think you would be better off giving me that and a one spot and having your huntsman back :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nice that bob :good:

I agree with johnny if it dose split he's got plenty of gaffa tape

you pair of knob jockeys :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

atb Evo

oooopppppsssss sorry mods I thought the swear filter would have edited my last comment sorry,,,,

well they are anyway so you can leave it :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

atb Evo

That's like looking for Rocking Horse Poo Bob!

I know bud, but I will get one in the end,,hopefully,, if not then I would love a standard ranger,

I,m happy now as I have the mechanical wolverine in .177 and the electronic airwolf in .22 so have got the best of both worlds now,,i,ve not had a proper chance to spend some time zeroing it in yet due to other commitments but I,ve got it grouping pretty well with jsb,s bis mags and bis long range gold, certainly packs a punch and the balance of the rifle is superb,

judging by the feel and how the rifle shoots I certainly think daystate have got another winner here,

atb Evo

Edited by evo

• 3 weeks later...

well chaps,,finally had a chance to zero in the wolverine b .177 to 40yrds and all I can say is it is bloody AWSOME,

my airwolf groups very well but due to the smaller pellet the groups on the wolverine seem a lot tighter, I,ve found the best grouping pellet to be the jsb,s followed closely second by the H&N field target trophy,s but one pellet that has surprised me has been the Bisley long range gold, they are a very accurate little pellet and I have to say not much difference between them and the jsb,s.

the funny thing is I have chrono,d the rifle and with the jsb,s and H&N,s it is averaging 11.8ftlb then when I put the .177 bis mags in, the power is dropping to 11.4ftlb which seems the same as what the heavier pellet was doing in the airwolf,

the feel of the rifle I have to say is nothing short of superb and is balanced when shouldered also, I,ve put a hawke panorama EV 3x9x50 ao ir on the rifle so I can switch the nightvision kit between the two,

I,ve probably put over 200 pellets through it today to get my zero spot on and also test exactly what it was doing at shorter distances compared to the .22 wolf and all I can say is how flat the pellet screams out is unreal, I,m very impressed to say the least,

the big test will come 2moro evening when I take it to my perm for the first time and see just how it performs on the rabbits

cheers Evo