Semi Autos

Shotgun Mike

for pigeon I use a beretta A391 urika sporting, lovely gun! looks nice enough to take on a clay ground yet cheap enough to take knocks, and it will take steel and 3" carts cycles as quick as I can pull the trigger, mine was picked up through the sporting gun small adds was in absolutely unused nick, cost me £550 and worth EVERY penny

cheers Kdubya

leon the mossberg was the gun I fancied but as they are no longer in production and the fact that after searching for reviews and coming up with a lot of seemingly reliability probs I opted for the beretta urika and to date cant fault it?

cheers Kdubya

I picked up a Browning Gold Hunter in Wetlands camo with 3.5" chambers for £550 and it had only had about 50 rounds through it. Just keep looking till you find a gun the right price :yp:

Would highly recommend the Gold and have never had a mis fire or jam. I must have put about 500 rnds through it easily in the 5 months I have had it, using bismuth, lead and steel all with no probs.

as you might guess i'll say lanber, very cheap quite astethically nice. but the main reasons being very light, a must for rough shooters like myself and ultra reliable, over 3000 rounds in little over a year with comninations of 3" 2 3/4" 2 1\2" at anyone time.

lurcherboy i must ask are you serious about liking pumps?:yp: PERSONALLY SPEAKING i can't use them, the whole movement of the guns as you swing between birds is too off putting. but if you like 'em its up to you.

Had a go with most common SAs and they are fairly similar, BUT they are all a Bug*r to clean... except the Benelli, no pistons and the like to gum up. They cycle 20gram loads up to 56 g (Yes I have tryed) with out the hangups that you can get with many SAs at 24g and less.

I use the Super Centro with ajustable stock, but they ar all very good guns.

BUT they are all a Bug*r to clean... except the Benelli, no pistons and the like to gum up.

I use a Beretta A391 Synthetic Cammo and have no plans to change it but if i ever do trade it in the Benelli will be the first gun i look at.

As NGhost points out , all gas operated semi-autos are a pain to clean due the build up of deposits whereas the Benelli uses a recoil system to re-cycle the cartridges and needs little more effort to clean than a conventional shotgun.

I find the semi-auto an ideal gun in a pigeon hide especially when it is one of those days that we all dream about with the action fast and furious.

:)

theres only one decent auto and that beretta i a have had the 302,390 and 391 and as long as you clean them after use they are no trouble where as all the other brands people have had,have had trouble call me lucky but never had any trouble with mine so i recomend berreta get what you pay for mate buy cheap get trouble!