new laptop

millrace

As per title recommend a new laptop, need it for basically doing bills for work etc, don't play games download music anything the younger peeps do....lol so I recon something basic for internet and bit of paperwork just decent size screen what are my options,,,,,,

Budget is no odds as its tax deductible vat etc,,,,just have bought high end in past but never use them to their potential as I'm not into computing,, so no idea what to buy at lower end that won't be to expensive for all I'm getting,,ideally 15" screen......

I work for a distributor of laptops, look at the following.

Acer Aspire E1, V3, or Travelmate P253

Lenovo Edge E540

Fujitsu A544

Dell latitude 3000 series

Toshiba Sat Pro C50

Asus X551 or P550

For what you are doing look at either Pentium dual-core or core i3, 4GB RAM, 320/500GB HDD, Window 7 Pro. If you want Windows 8 then check the machine you are buying has Windows 8.1 as this will have the option of it having a similar look and feel to Windows 7.

Cheers bison,some research to do,as for operating system I'm clueless,my computer usage involves turning on, open template, type bill/quote print and save....lol that's it other than internet don't/can't/have neither the need or want to do anything else computer wise hence the need for few pointers.......

You might like to consider the alternatives to micro$oft - namely Linux and Mac.

Linux is our choice, and we have run it here for many years now. It will run very happily, and quickly on older, lower spec hardware, and is FREE!!!!! as is the office suite of software, and the photo manipulation program, and about a billion other pieces of fine software. NO virus' either.....

Mac are very good also, but they are fairly expensive - though most would term this good value, simply because they do not suffer from the same obvious "issues" as windoze.

You might also consider an android tablet...

Do some research... it will be worth your while :good:

Don't worry about windows 8 as you can download a classic shell to run it as windows 7 look and toggle between this and windows 8 tiles.

Done this with my new laptop as only wanted a cheapy for working away, never stopped moaning for a few weeks that I should have bought a MacBook and took a chance it won't get broke.

It'll be a MacBook in future as I'm not a fan of windows in any guise.

Figgy

Tesco have the Samsung ativebook 9 Lite for a good price.Nice little laptop with a ssd to start up in no time with great battery life. Fancied one of these but the prices i kept seeing were a lot higher,ended up with a good deal after looking on Uk Hot Deals on a Acer with i7 processor and 6gb ram 500gb hdd for £349.00 from Argos as they were selling them off.

figgy

Edited by figgy