Gunsmith needed in Bristol

oh_chunky_one

Hi all, was cleaning my U/O this evening, put it all back together, squeezed the trigger, click click followed by a Ping.. It appears the firing pin shot out the end of the barrel. Have been quoted about £60-70 for repairs, just wondered if anybody in Bristol can do it cheaper. It's a Franchi Brescia 12g, thanks

Jimmy Wills is in Bath but I have no address for him at the moment but you should be able to find him.

I second Jimmy

I'm sure there's a gunsmith down off the Wells Road (A37) somewhere.

Other one is Nigel Teague, 2 mins from J14 of the M5.

Doesn't sound like what you've been quoted is too bad though. Good luck.

####.co.uk Taunton uk gun repairs

Edited by Mickthemiller

I drove up to newavon arms this morning just for a look around as I've never been, I took the gun with me just incase they gave me a good price. They quoted £50 or less for parts and labour! Well chuffed :) plus they have a nice lay out In the shop with plenty to look at and the staff are easily approachable for a novice shooter such as my self, nice little shop.

I'm sure there's a gunsmith down off the Wells Road (A37) somewhere.

Other one is Nigel Teague, 2 mins from J14 of the M5.

Doesn't sound like what you've been quoted is too bad though. Good luck.

If you want a first class job Nigel Teague is the man, but he is far from cheap. Edited by blackbird

If you want a first class job Nigel Teague is the man, but if you want it done cheap don't bother him.

Weeeeeeeeeeel, I'm not so sure. I've had a few jobs done by him (on cheaper guns) for very decent prices indeed. Made it an easier choice as we were practically neighbours at the time. He's a nice fella.

Weeeeeeeeeeel, I'm not so sure. I've had a few jobs done by him (on cheaper guns) for very decent prices indeed. Made it an easier choice as we were practically neighbours at the time. He's a nice fella.

Second that , myself and shooting buddies had work done by nigel and all said how reasonable he was on price considering the quality of work you receive :)