starting out

Bryn12

Time to organise trying lots of guns, budget for both guns is @3k, obviously if they come in under that I won't be upset :whistling:

I'm in SSW Scotland but am prepared and able to travel during the week to the right place, any suggestions/recommendations as to the best outlet, range, fitter.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you far from glen luce.there is a gunroom there run by steart sterrling.he has his own clay ground we shoot there every other wednesday afternoon.a great bunch of guys anx very helpfull.its on this wednesday but i am away.hey i am sure will do you a good deal on a gun.tell him john sent you lol.

Thanks John, sorted for guns............for now :whistling:

Met the Glenluce gunroom people at the Drumlanrig fair seemed really nice and helpful, pity the A75 is still an embarrassing goat track

Thanks for the heads-up about the Wednesday afternoons

Just had the FEO round to interview Mrs Bryn for her SGC application, one thing that did come up was that she needs her own cabinet. The reason being that as she will only have a SGC and I have firearms I would have to issue her with her gun every time so she couldn't have access to firearms, bit of a PITA but I'd already decide we need more secure storage anyway.

• 1 month later...

Well that's the first comp out the way, weather was heavy rain with a strong gusting wind from behind the low house, my gross score was a wee bit disappointing but I ran out of concentration and muscle power during the last round, went 14, 18, 18, 12 for 62.

Notes to self

Do not shoot 125 clays then cut grass all afternoon the day before a comp ............idiot

There's a lot more to shooting comps than just busting clays, learn all the ins and outs about no birds, hitting both targets with one shot & the wrong one of a pair first etc., etc.,...........................

other than that I really enjoy Skeet

Edited by Bryn12