Beretta EELL 12G/AYA O/U Sidelcok

countryman

a guy on my shoot has a AYA sidelock same sliding bolt action as on beretta SO models and the DT10 have seen and handled a couple of EELL's they felt a little gloryfied and lacked the AYA robustness and quality you can just feel it in the AYA. the beretta is just a sideplated 686 action much prefer the AYA but that is just my personel preference im sure both would be great guns.

i seem to preefer the EL beretta to the EELL seems to look nicer with the deeper engraving, although i expect the wood would not be quite as nice

Countryman

No problem with you asking. The new list price of the gun was around £2700. The gun was used, but so little that I dont think that the top barrell had ever been shot. I parted with £900 and my Silver Pigeon 4 in excellent condition.

I really do like my gun, it really is quality, the wood is outstanding, anyone who sees the gun comments on it. I would highly recommend this gun, but from research that I did after I bought mine, you may find that the Gold Pigeon EL is a bit thin on the ground, but well worth the search.

webber

I have a AYA O/U but it isn't a side lock.

It is infact an AYA Yeoman but i HAVE found every AYA i have handled and looked at are extremely well built and value for money.

There IS a side lock O/U AYA on Guntrader at the moment for £2500 i beleive it's a little over a year old and immaculate :good:

Out of the AYA range though i would prefer the No2 to any other :lol:

Got a big place in my heart for pretty side by sides :blush:

LG

I have a AYA O/U but it isn't a side lock.

It is infact an AYA Yeoman but i HAVE found every AYA i have handled and looked at are extremely well built and value for money.

There IS a side lock O/U AYA on Guntrader at the moment for £2500 i beleive it's a little over a year old and immaculate :good:

Out of the AYA range though i would prefer the No2 to any other :lol:

Got a big place in my heart for pretty side by sides :lol:

LG

I couldnt afford a NO2 so i had a next to new NO4 :blush: S/S are my favorite :lol:

I have owned a 686s a 687EL and now have a 687EELL, it is a lovely gun which is mainly let down by its owner!

I did have some problems with the top barrel ejector which it seems doesn't like chucking out Hull cartridges, GMK had it back twice and cannot find anything wrong so I stick to Eley or Gamebore.

The action is uncoated unlike cheaper varients so you have to be very thorough with cleaning and always coat it before storing it otherwise it quickly becomes stained.

The wood on mine came with a horrible varnish finish and was greatly improved by stripping and oiling.

Other than that it is a lovely gun, if you are buying new and can get to Fareham GMK will allow you to choose from their stock and then have your gun shipped to your Beretta dealer, I did this and am glad I did as some of the wood on offer was a bit ordinary for a £3000 gun.

Take your time and get the right gun for you!

Good luck in your hunt :good: