Ucaller remote and adding sounds?

spready

think you make a list of 8 and then add them I've done it a couple of times but when I've finished not sure how I did it

as I have a couple of goes nothing then try again and its there but not sure what I've done different so would be very

interested to have the right way in easy to understand terms myself

Yes i agree mate, i know my way around a computer really well, but this seems to have me stumped, I've followed the instructions and have added one at a time like this say , but it seem to double up the odd sound and leave others out lol

I done it, if i remember it says on package instructions that sometimes it does not load as easy as others but mine seemed ok.

This is how i did it.

Plug in the usb lead between caller and pc and up pops a file with the calls named and numbered 1-8. Create a new folder, and drag and drop the call you want to change into it incase you want it back, you now have a space for a new call. Can't remember size of page that comes up, if it fills screen do as below to make smaller.

Choose an mp3 file of sound you want from a web site and shrink the page size down by putting your cursor in the corner and going diagonal, this allows you to have another page open on the screen at the same time.

Then drag and drop the new mp3 file into the original call list, it automatically goes to the gap so just rename.

Hope this is understandable, i'm no genius on the pc so may be another way.

EDIT TO ADD - you must have caller switched on, let us know how you get on.

Edited by 30-6

Strangely:I've just bought one & it arrived today so this interested me.Plugged into computer(Win7) & it immediately showed up as removable disc G with caller switched off.Content was one folder "AUDIO" with calls prefix numbered 0001 to 0008,I copied full folder to computer for back up.As I don't have a use for hooded crow call I then deleted 0007hooded crow.mp3 from caller folder,copied 0005Cottontail.mp3(downloaded from Wild Hunter eu) to folder & renamed it 0007Cottontail.mp3.Success: it plays on button 7 so I guess prefix is key.

I tried it with the 001 and so in numbers infront of each file name and it added them but seems to add the same file to two different buttons?? Beginning to be a pain in the **** lol.... Might have to save up for one of them callers from best fox calls website .... Don't tell the wife

• 6 years later...

Hi

Im also struggling to add calls-problem seems to be the 8 calls i have that were pre loaded i cant delete cause there locked-anybody any idea how to unlock them so i can delete them-i have tried dragging them to the trash and deleting them direct(it tells you they are locked) but with no success-buttons 1-8 still play the pre recorded sounds

8 hours ago, John Bird said:

Hi

Im also struggling to add calls-problem seems to be the 8 calls i have that were pre loaded i cant delete cause there locked-anybody any idea how to unlock them so i can delete them-i have tried dragging them to the trash and deleting them direct(it tells you they are locked) but with no success-buttons 1-8 still play the pre recorded sounds

Hi John, you do realise this thread is 7 years old.

John is demonstrating that he has attempted to research the issue and solve the problem himself. He has given us valuable background information by simply replying to the relevant thread. This is a good use of the forum.

The time police in sales threads or someone answering a question asked years ago I can understand. Someone saying I am aware of X but have a related problem Y is actually just helpful regardless of the age of the thread. 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

John is demonstrating that he has attempted to research the issue and solve the problem himself. He has given us valuable background information by simply replying to the relevant thread. This is a good use of the forum.

The time police in sales threads or someone answering a question asked years ago I can understand. Someone saying I am aware of X but have a related problem Y is actually just helpful regardless of the age of the thread. 

Exactly!:good:

• 4 months later...

Having just bought a U Caller and run into snags loading different calls I came across this old thread while looking for clues. I found a couple of nice shrill rabbit distress MP3's on Western Rivers and downloaded them, followed the UC instructions to load them but no joy, the issue turned out to be file naming, the files must be prefixed 0001 to 0008 or they are ignored by the caller, hope this helps anyone else leaping up and down and muttering..... 

Atb, Steve.