Advice needed on browning maxus

Bunibuster

When will you need an extra 2" of barrel?

i guess it's just a confidence thing I'm used to shooting with a 30" barrel and can hit game fairly consistently up to 50yards I was originally gonna keep my o/u 686 but unfortunately the spends arent there so il be trading it in I kno the receiver on semis makes d gun seem longer so maybe I'm jus doubting myself I dunno? 😁

Kent, I agree a newly built Old A5 would be very expensive to buy, and yes, we are in a buy and throw away trend these days. Shameful really with modern metallurgy and CNC machinery. Again, I really rate the gun and enjoy it, I suppose its like trading in a Skoda for an Audi, believing its a trade up and discovering essentially the same running gear with a few fancy extras. I'll still have the Audi.

Now having had two company Audi cars I have to say I view them as among the worst of cars, the issue there is fashion.

Why? What difference does it make?

Thats only my opinion. A lot of people shoot with Semi's as a hide gun. I like my 24" barrels. The action on my Benelli is long, and the total length of the gun is no longer than a 28" O/U. Put a 30" barrel on a semi and you end up with a scaffold pole! I like the fact it doesn't poke out the top of my hide, that its light and makes it very pointable. Perfect for snap / reactive shooting, for birds that have or haven't taken the decoy.

I have only put around 250 rounds through my Maxus Grade 3 but it has been faultless. Never really liked semis but the Maxus looks beautiful. I got the 28 inch barrel and really like it. The only round it failed to cycle was a subsonic (obviously).

I have owned a few guns and I can say that the Maxus is not a pile of ****.

Can't fault mine in nearly two years ownership it's been spot on had only two 21g carts jam in that time but that's all and they they were poss short cases

Light clean after each use (5 mins tops) proper clean after every couple of month

Edited by maxus77

I have maxus browning that the trigger as stopped working it as been at gun smiths for two weeks when you take trigger plate out of gun it works ok but put it back in it will not work .does any body have idear what it could be the gun smith is to class in is trade and he is stumpped.thanks for looking snow white

• 1 month later...

either one will work fine. i have a 26" synthetic maxus and i like the compactness of it. sometimes i will position myself in a patch of woods and call crows in with a mouth call. the 26" is very handy in the woods. a 28" is hard to beat as an all around gun especially if you plan to shoot some clays with it.

either one is fine.

My maxus jammed once. First day I ever shot it. Tried a 65mm 21g cartridge in it. Silly mistake, and easily rectified.

It'll cycle anything 2 3/4 inch and more, that was a couple of years ago at least, maybe longer and not had a days trouble with it since and I use it regularly.

Good guns but the build quality leaves a bit to be desired.

Fore end always seems loose and not the same quality as my old 1100. Obviously barrel length has nothing to do with pattern but I shoot better with a long one. 30" with extended choke for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone report back on the durability of the carbon fibre duratouch finish? I'm thinking about buying one as a hide/clay gun, and that's my only concern. It feels far better then the composite IMO and looks the dogs, so keen on it if it wears OK.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...