atos ending contract early

overandunder2012

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ermmmm...... ATOS and g4 have had over two billion from the public purse now and never paid a bean in corporation tax so there is definatly money in it for them, capita ( the tv licence people) are taking on some of atos's old contracts, ATOS have just been awarded another huge contract for child welfare or something similar by the government and have apparently dumped the medical exam contracts due to getting such a bad rep from everyone they put on trial and their staff receiving death threats and hate mail ( tbh after some of what I have read about them its not surprising) , they have also just rebranded the company as OHAssist so will probably continue doing the same thing with the same people under a different name ? I have had dealing with ATOS and still don't understand why a French IT firm were put in charge of making decisions regarding people's health and welfare

It's because they keep saying people are fit for work when they are not ,and the get taken to a tribunral and loose costing them a lot of money

They have made a loss on the contract

Sergeant Deershooter Rtd

One of the claims they made was too many of their staff had death threats. Perhaps if they had done the job properly and fairly that wouldn't happen.

I went for an Atos interview and could only wear one prosthetic leg ,( I have 2 ) at the start of the interview the woman told me she was a nurse ,half way through I needed a no 2 so went to the toilet in a wheelchair .After finishing I pulled the emergency cord in the toilet ,the receptionist came and asked if every thing was ok ?which I replied "no please fetch the nurse I need a hand to get clean" turns out she was no nurse and I had to wait 20 min for the district nurse to come from the local medical practice down the road to help .

After returning to the interview they still found me fit for work .

This was only rescinded at tribunal

Sergeant Deershooter Rtd

Edited by deershooter

I went for an Atos interview and could only wear one prosthetic leg ,( I have 2 ) at the start of the interview the woman told me she was a nurse ,half way through I needed a no 2 so went to the toilet in a wheelchair .After finishing I pulled the emergency cord in the toilet ,the receptionist came and asked if every thing was ok ?which I replied "no please fetch the nurse I need a hand to get clean" turns out she was no nurse and I had to wait 20 min for the district nurse to come from the local medical practice down the road to help .

Sergeant Deershooter Rtd

Why do i feel ashamed for what this country puts some people who do not deserve it through :sad1:

Mate you should have reported her to the police and the medical council for deception and impersonation .

Why do i feel ashamed for what this country puts some people who do not deserve it through :sad1:

Mate you should have reported her to the police and the medical council for deception and impersonation .

I agree. I know social work is now aprotected title and just anyone can't go around saying they are one. SURELY a nurse would be the same ?

But there are many types of nurses, nursery nurses, dental nurses etc. I asked what the interviewers qualifications were and they told me they weren't allowed to answer personal questions , I did try and explain that as they were acting in a professional capacity I was asking for their professional quals and not their personal details but they seemed only able to read from a script ,it was amazing how quickly after they ended the interview , I know not anybody can call themselves a dietician but anybody can call themselves a " nutritionist" without any training or experience whatsoever , maybe she was a veterinary nurse?

Totally agree with both statements.

Regardless of who is doing the assessments either now or in the future after ATOS have gone it's important to remember one thing, the assessment procedures, questions and descriptors used for the awarding of points that they use are given to them by the DWP.

If they don't follow the DWP guidance they don't get paid for doing the assessment.

Also worth remembering is that these assessments were designed to remove around 25% of those currently claiming DLA, given that the DWP's own figures show that DLA benefit fraud is in reality only around .5% it's not difficult to see why so many people who fail the assessment and manage to appeal (around 40%) are having their failures overturned by the appeal panels.

Both myself and several other disabled people I know have been to both ESA and DLA/PIP assessments conducted by ATOS employees. Most of them were pretty fair some were not but that's down to who you get on the day.

Unfortunately ATOS are not alone in this as can be seen by others reporting on their experiences of assessments carried out by Capita (Capita do the same job as ATOS in some regions).

Edited by phaedra1106

Sergeant Deershooter Rtd

Shame really, st Atos had been curing the bone idle by the thousand ! One of the labour parties greatest creations

You should meet up with Deer shooter (Sgt Retd),i bet you would have a lot in common :good:

Edited by welsh1

You should meet up with Deer shooter,i bet you would have a lot in common :good:

I've met Deershooter, he was a thoroughly decent chap 👍 my tongue-in-cheek comment was a jab at the left who like to dress Atos up as an entirely Tory creation (not true) 👍

Edited by pegasus bridge

my dad god .no longer with us was deemed fit for work at the age of 66 by these toads .sack of fluid around the heart ,blocked artery in the left leg,osteo arthritus+ melanistic melanoma <killed him in the end>only then after stopping his pension did they send him for a medical .despite two heart attacks and being in this state since age 52 .i would put them and the LABOUR minister for being an A--H--- who gave them the job on the general licence .and would personal like to discuss my gralloching skills with the CEO of these french toads .

Ermmmm...... ATOS and g4 have had over two billion from the public purse now

Teresa May's husband has significant involvement with G4

My daughter is chronically ill with an incurable disease. In July last year we received a letter from the DWP saying she was fine and we no longer need any help. So off to tribunal we went and surprise surprise it was overturned.

Disabled people need support with their illness. Life is stressful enough for them and their families without having to go through the intimidating rigmoral of preparing a case and being interviewed by 3 judges in a courtroom.

The stress of it all would have stopped a lot of people going to tribunal and the government then gets to save a couple of quid. I went to the CAB who sent a representative with me and helped us prepare.

Shocking that money comes first over people and quality of life in this modern civilised society.

Edited by BattleFieldRelics

Surely they must have found some people who were truly fit to work? I'm sure I read somewhere that a good percentage of people called up for an assessment just went and found jobs instead of going for the interview.

There is a chap who works at a supermarket near where I work - he has been there for as long as I can remember. He obviously has a disability of sorts - the one side of his body is a bit lame, and he slurs his speech a bit and his one arm doesn't fully work properly. But he still works on the registers, and he's a lovely chap. I suspect that he could probably just sit at home and live off of benefit, but he chooses not to.

Edited by aris

My wife and me work for the dwp. The wife was an ESA manager. There is a surprisingly large number of people who suddenly get better once sent for assessment. We also have people in with great lists of medical complaints asking if they catch or contract these will they get more benefits. There are a lot of genuine claimants, there are an alarming number of people who just can't be ars@d. Fat people, too fat to work do my head in. They eat their way to ESA