Gun safe mods

Robc.22tactical

So it was mothers day today but still that didnt stop my top girl goin to her 'mums'. Then comin back with a little 4 rifle gun safe so im chuffed and so is she as ut only cost her £40 fac approoved thats wot they guy she got it off used it for so im thinking about lining the inside with faux leather to give my guns abit more protection and then wrapping the outside in a realtree camo design opinions on thi idea imo i think it will look good will get pics up later

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a riddle?

Obviously Mr Tactical is very keen on this and so doesn't need to breathe, the pictures will explain no doubt but here is my take on it so far;

I think his wife left to visit her mother (it being mothers day and all). During that visit she met a bloke who was selling his gun safe (the mind boggles ), at this stage I am getting images of Jack and a bloke who wants a cow , anyhow it fits 4 guns and the police seem to have previously agreed it was ok for this mysterious vendor to keep his own guns in and at £40 it more of a bargain than any darn magic beans!.

Now hear comes the cool bit if I understand it correct MR Tactical is going to cammo it up! This means any crook who breaks in will struggle to find the safe in his house full of real tree stuff it will blend in you see (which is obviously great security) :good: Now lining it in faux leather internally is not a nod to the chav influence but a practical solution to protecting the hydrographic finishes on his guns from wearing off.

Nooo still wrong a woman on facebook was selling a gun safe .

My misses said she was goin to her mothers then texts me.

Im out the back come get this.

What i replied , only to find she had brought it on the sly as a suprise for me .

Result as i need one and it was a bargain.

Plan is to line inside with some faux leather.

To protects guns from scratches on the barrels and stocks.

Seems logical to me .

Outside im thinking of getting some vinyl realtree camo .

To wrap it in just to please my eye .

Will upload pics as things progress.

And no intruders wont see it as it has another piece of camo.

Strangely, reads like it was sent in Morse code but that's the story behind the story. The final 12th sentence still excites yet non the less eludes me to its true meaning "no intruders won't see it as it has another piece of camo" Is this that new camera projector screen or some other high tech thingy or have you got real tree wallpaper in the same finish and had some left over to use on the safe? How cool is that !

I thought that the Faux now had protected status!

Never seen any Faux hides at the tanneries for many years...

Was the safe a narrow one, or did his lass have to kick the back door in to get it into the house?

What sort of critter is a Faux anyhow? I always wondered and never got up the courage to ask someone

search on eBay for lining carpet I baught the stuff they use to trim and line vans it stretches pretty well and is nice and thin as well as protecting guns from knocking on inside of cabinet. If you have no wrapped stuff in viynal before then good luck!

So it was mothers day today but still that didnt stop my top girl goin to her 'mums'. Then comin back with a little 4 rifle gun safe so im chuffed and so is she as ut only cost her £40 fac approoved thats wot they guy she got it off used it for so im thinking about lining the inside with faux leather to give my guns abit more protection and then wrapping the outside in a realtree camo design opinions on thi idea imo i think it will look good will get pics up later

Have you been on that herb again Rob?

Obviously Mr Tactical is very keen on this and so doesn't need to breathe, the pictures will explain no doubt but here is my take on it so far;

I think his wife left to visit her mother (it being mothers day and all). During that visit she met a bloke who was selling his gun safe (the mind boggles ), at this stage I am getting images of Jack and a bloke who wants a cow , anyhow it fits 4 guns and the police seem to have previously agreed it was ok for this mysterious vendor to keep his own guns in and at £40 it more of a bargain than any darn magic beans!.

Now hear comes the cool bit if I understand it correct MR Tactical is going to cammo it up! This means any crook who breaks in will struggle to find the safe in his house full of real tree stuff it will blend in you see (which is obviously great security) :good: Now lining it in faux leather internally is not a nod to the chav influence but a practical solution to protecting the hydrographic finishes on his guns from wearing off.

I prefer this translation personally.

I am excited to see the photos though - just hope I can make out the cabinet !