Advice on clearing problem pigeons!

Euget123

Hello guys need a bit of advice!

My brother in law lives in a terriced house with enclosed concrete backyard beside this yard is the kitchen with flat roof!

He has an awful lot of pigeons resting around the yard and there causing problems.

Weve tried spikes across the flat roof and wall and predator decoys but they dont seem to be working!

I only have shotgun and 22lr so shooting is out of the question!

Any advice much apreciated!

ATB

ET

Netting elevated about five inches from the flat roof works on seaguls round here, no reason why it shouldn't work on pigeons.

As an alternative you could always buy pigeon AIDS, seeds that are infected with AIDS can be bought off thebay. DEADLY apparently.

Seeds with AIDS! Is this a wind up? It is April 1st so perhaps it is.

Ladder trap in back yard for a few weeks, check first they are not a near neighbours pets / race birds especially before destruction. Only after real reduction in numbers is it worth doing spikes etc. there is no other safe solution than live trapping in these circumstances IMO

Thanks for relpies guys!!

Cat is a no go

May try a trap

Is there much of a problem of ricochete from air rifles?

If the pellet leaves your boundary you commit an offence, with a terraced house don't go there as you don't get many good backstops in these locations

Thanks for relpies guys!!

Cat is a no go

May try a trap

Is there much of a problem of ricochete from air rifles?

Euget I dont think that we are allowed to shoot off buildings in northern ireland I think its 50ft from a road or building that is the minimum distance to discharge any firearm, but I could be wrong ypu can always phone N.I firearms branch I have I think there number is on your firearms certificate.