Nigel Farage

pavman

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Wasted on your typical UKIP voter Rob...besides they are a French company and one would possibly buy CEMEX don't you know, just to keep the blighters out. :lol:

Hopefully Nige will see first hand the efficiency of the product especially if he ostracises the Italian and Sicilians :lol:

seems you are typical of the cons,and liebor in that in post 66 you posted this "That's all from me on this thread." so your word means absolutely nothing :yes: when it comes to your attempts to discredit UKIP which by the way is a task you are spectacularly failing in.

KW

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at the next GE, if they can field enough candidates, that they may hold the balance of power.

Gimlet - points taken. :good:

KW - I share your thoughts on people's attempts to discredit UKIP. Whilst they will never get a majority, they are capable of putting the frighteners on the rest, who will start nicking their policies.

Gimlet - points taken. :good:

KW - I share your thoughts on people's attempts to discredit UKIP. Whilst they will never get a majority, they are capable of putting the frighteners on the rest, who will start nicking their policies.

Hopefully its not just a policy change that is brought about , a little more honesty, transparency,and most of all actual representation of the MAJORITY might come about

KW

This is a classic case of the wish being father of the thought.

If Ukip were a bunch of decayed Colonel Blimp imperialists the party would not be advocating the pressing need for Britain to trade openly in the global market, freed from the straitjacket of EU protectionism. It is the insular, diminishing, protectionist EU which represents dead imperialism from a past age. It is the EU and its enthusiasts who are inward looking. Ukip wants Britain to look beyond the EU to the rest of the world and trade conducted on equal terms. Trade with the EU makes up only 10% of Britain's GDP - and that figure is declining. 95% of British firms do not trade with the EU at all yet EU regulation effects 100% of our economy. Ukip does not seek isolation from the rest of the world. Quite the reverse. Britain is already isolated by our EU membership. We are forbidden to form bilateral trade agreements with other nations. All our trade relations are negotiated en-bloc and their terms dictated by the EU.

The arguments made against the EU are precisely the opposite of what you suggest. They appeal to reason rather than sentiment. There is no reason - economic, democratic, diplomatic, strategic or otherwise - to keep Britain locked into a corrupt, autocratic, protectionist and incompetently administered 1950s political vanity project whose share of global trade is in terminal decline when the rest of the world is travelling in the opposite direction, other than post-war political paranoia, weak, self-interested leadership and fear of change.

Ukip has a full domestic manifesto including measures to address the educational and inspirational decline of the working poor; measures to de-bureaucratise and democratise the NHS; build realistic energy security based on technology that works and benefits the economy and ordinary citizens rather than politicians and overseas energy companies. Ukip wants Britain to control her own borders. This does not mean sealing them up, it means a sovereign British Parliament, accountable to the British people and no other, deciding who enters our country, how many and why. Which is how everyone else in the world does it.

The EU cannot be reformed. It has been designed with a specific end in view and structured in such a way that precludes reform. It does not need reforming; it needs to be calmly and democratically dismantled.

This is a prime example of why we shouldn't ban political discussions. Intelligent and interesting posts like this are so important.

This is a prime example of why we shouldn't ban political discussions. Intelligent and interesting posts like this are so important.

Thank you Munzy. I do my best even if I do drone on. I think these debates are important too. Most of us don't know each other which is no bad thing. Personality difference are less likely to get in the way and the format means we can't shout over one another. The fact that this is not a political forum is a strength too. We have shooting in common to glue up the cracks but we get a good random cross-section of views in other subjects and fewer people who come on purely to flog an agenda. Long may it continue.

Banning subjects risks the lifeblood being drained out of the forum. Ban the tantrums not the topics.

Fully agree, if only we could discuss the religious issues that are going to be of very real concern as openly!

I've lost count of the number of times we asked for sensible comments on those topics, but we were ignored by a small group of members including you, who dragged them into the gutter time and time again. In the end, the site owner was forced to act as he has responsibilities where the content of the site is concerned.

As one of the main culprits in forcing the situation to this point, you should perhaps take it up with Teal rather than constantly referring to it on here, becauase I doubt I am the only person reading your posts and thinking it strange that you are one of those most to blame and yet seem unable to see or accept it.

This thread is about ukip, not religion so stop trying to derail it.

On a facebook thread where UKIP and its rise was being discussed there were us normal human beings, the worker ants so to speak voicing our opinions and then comes along the superior beings to put down any pro UKIP or anti EU rhetoric.

" Also the majority of people in Britain do not know what they want as they are being fed false statistics an figures on EU policy and immigration. Some of us do want closer EU integration as we stand to gain a lot more than we will loose by being out of Europe. And we are not puppets but when the British public with their lack of History, Politics or economics degrees vote for parties that show absolutely no interest in the EU and do not even turn up to EU parliament meetings then how can we get what we want out of the European Union?"

The arrogance to me is astounding whereby those of us without History, Politics or Economics are considered unworthy to vote or our opinions are worthless.

Some strong views aired here too at times and I am sorry to say have sometimes seen attitudes such as that quoted displayed at times.

Anyone who feels superior by educational qualification or employment needs to watch the film 'The Admirable Chrichton'

I cannot help but think that, although never his intention to be PM, Farage will be voted into power and find himself with more power than he had hoped-I think that UKIP is a runaway train and there is no party that has the power, nor the means, to stop it.

I am 100% behind UKIP but I am not so blind that I believe he will win the election.

What he will do and has been doing is to force the political elite to realise that they can no longer ignore the fears of the masses and our wishes must be taken into account.

i dont say much on politics....cause i dont understand most of it....apart from the lying cheating thieving.********* scumbags and scumbagesses that inhabit the house of conmen

but what i will say there are some disturbing parellels to be observed between 1930's germany and UK now..including the inequality we experience as a nation.....sucessive govts always intend to rectify...but somehow are always frightened to do so.......most people dont vote..

what would happen if...................................they did vote !!

You may prove right, Sprackles-but when was the last time you heard, or engaged in, so much discussion about a politician-Churchill? Thatcher?-there is no such thing as bad publicity and the people of this country have lost most of their dignity, pride and belief in the system to a point where desperation is a growing factor-desperate people are keen to act.

As far as I'm concerned the general election (at the moment) is pretty irrelevant.

The issue of Europe and the European elections are critical.

IF UKIP do as suggested in the polls then the 'earthquake' in British politics, which Farage has been talking up recently, could well become a reality.

Farage has become an irresistible force, and I'm not so sure the immovable objects are quite as secure as they once were.

In todays Telegraph phone in, Nigel Farage said that the war against drugs has been lost and he is in favour of legalisation of certain drugs.Is this a vote winner,what do you think?

Hell yeah! Only flaw is the only folk who will be turned will be too mashed to get out and vote.