Clay ground in Northumberland

fielddweller

Bywell hav'nt got a section 11 cert, so you need to hold a sgc unless you are having a lesson,

The new lad in the shop is a bit nervous (incase he makes any mistakes) so might ask to see your cert.

but it is friendly enough.

Your kidding Shaun??

Why wouldn't they have one?

So who covers them?

Section 11 is issued by the police to allow non cert holders to shoot

:shaun:

Your kidding Shaun??

Why wouldn't they have one?

So who covers them?

Section 11 is issued by the police to allow non cert holders to shoot

Insurance I think, even with a section 11 the shooter still needs to be supervised. so don't get one and have coaching instead.

Was only putting my opinion,

I find SS's an unfriendly ground and very unhelpful to the point of being ignorant.

As I said its each to their own,

And I very rarely shoot at Bywell

If my opinion offends you then I'm sorry but it's my opinion

been up to dinny many times always found it a very friendly place, perhaps you get back what you put in?

KW

been up to dinny many times always found it a very friendly place, perhaps you get back what you put in?

KW

Scorer/Trapper.................................................Bywell yes.....................SS no

Scorecards.......................................................Bywell yes.....................SS no (we dont use scorecard we arn't a registered ground) As told by Jack Reed (owner)

New clays..........................................................Bywell yes....................SS no, ( a lot of pickups)

Reliable traps.....................................................Bywell yes....................SS no, Accoustics on the Trench plays up and so does the Skeet

Able to complete round if you get a no bird.........Bywell yes.....................SS no, you have to return to clubhouse to get exra credited (claymate type system), most other claymate grounds give you 10% extra

Caters for the solo shooter.................................Bywell yes.....................SS no

Hot food............................................................Bywell no (yes, comps) SS yes

Hot drinks..........................................................Bywell yes......................SS yes

Easy access to gun room...................................Bywell yes.......................SS no, (if they are busy its locked)

Bear in mind both charge £6 per round, I know who gives better value

Also this is nothing against the people that shoot there,

There are good and bad at every ground,

It's purely my opinion on how the place is run

Has this turned into a Bun Fight or what!!!

Poor bloke only wanted to know where was open for a shoot!!!!

Fielddweller, Go to both and then you can have your own opinion (if anyone lets you mate) :lol: Where ever you choose, have a good day!!!

You're right

I was only giving my opinion on the 2 grounds and then it derailed slightly,

So I'm out

I was up at SS just the other day, it looks very untidy at the moment and on top of that mr reed acted like He was doing me a favour when I gave him fifty odd quid for some carts and clays.

On top of all that, I really don't want to 'nick' one of his clay count cards, you would think they were made of gold.....

Edited by markm

We'll after all the pros and cons of Byewell andS Smiths we decided to go up to Braidwood (thanks Besty57)and jolly glad we did,it was fantastic.The ground and club house are work in progress but looking really good and I think it will be superb in time,the staff were helpful and the weather behaved.We shot 100 clays each (well shot at them) and bought 200 shells for £92 and with free tea and coffee it made for a great day.

We'll worth a visit if you can get there.

Thanks again for all replies

Fielddweller

Edited by fielddweller

We'll after all the pros and cons of Byewell andS Smiths we decided to go up to Braidwood (thanks Besty57)and jolly glad we did,it was fantastic.The ground and club house are work in progress but looking really good and I think it will be superb in time,the staff were helpful and the weather behaved.We shot 100 clays each (well shot at them) and bought 200 shells for £92 and with free tea and coffee it made for a great day.

We'll worth a visit if you can get there.

Thanks again for all replies

Fielddweller

glad you enjoyed it.do you know if the pipe range is open yet .

The pipe range is going to be as it says

Its a 100yard long pipe, ( idont know how wide it is) its for people to shoot rifles, no wind to worry about so enables more accurate shooting,

I think they were putting 2 pipes in although I may be wrong

Ok thanks

Didn't see anything like that,however we were only on the clay ground

Fielddweller

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...