Express power pigeon

Anybody using express power pigeon cartridges ? I picked 4 boxes up from my rfd on Friday as they didn't have any super fast in stock for a decoying session today on some bare patches on the rape. I'd not previously used them but I'm very impressed and for £181-1000 for 29g no6 fibre not bad value either. Thinking of giving the express power blues a try on the clays on the back of today's results 21 pigeon for 35 cartridges and all birds shot were clean kills no pricked birds.

Edited by Wiggum

Guest rimotu66

Anybody using express power pigeon cartridges ? I picked 4 boxes up from my rfd on Friday as they didn't have any super fast in stock for a decoying session today on some bare patches on the rape. I'd not previously used them but I'm very impressed and for £181-1000 for 29g no6 fibre not bad value either. Thinking of giving the express power blues a try on the clays on the back of today's results 21 pigeon for 35 cartridges and all birds shot were clean kills no picked birds.

Hope you meant 'pricked' :lol:

good to hear you were impressed with them,,as just picked up 2000 of them from my local gun shop,,he was doing them for £165 /1000...beleave their quite new out as never heard of them before,,he rated them tho,,I usually use gamebore clear pigeons,,but got 4 days booked on the pigeons from next Saturday,,so these should keep me and my m8 going !

Edited by simjakcal

I used them today, they went bang and some pigeons fell out of the sky. I'm not sure if they're better or worse than many other cartridges but the price is very good.

I'll be going back for more. To really tell any difference I think you need to be a little better than I am.

I havent as of yet used the cartridges that you speak of but i have used the Express Power Blues on the clays with great success, they are easy on the shoulder and pattern very well on test plate. I ran out of my usual cartridge for pigeon decoying recently so took a few boxes of the power blues and again great results!!!!

Just incase people wonder what combination im using, my gun is a Beretta Ultralight, use the 1/4 and 1/2 chokes.

I have been using them for decoying pigeons and found them very, very good. I had some very good clean killed birds at 45-50 yards last month. I see they are £160 a 1000 in my local gun shop so It would pay to shop around for them.

Edited by anser2

Guest cookoff013

is it just recently that pigeon shells are going for 160/k?

most standard pigeons shells are 200/k.

i find it hard to justify reloading when decent shells are that price.

check out NSI 28gram #5 too.

I was paying £160/1000 for Superfast 6s over a year ago. Been plenty of good cheap pigeon loads about for a while imo

I love the NSI 7.5 (English 7) for the pigeons. Very good and under £160 per thousand.