bought my self a new 410

decoy1

hi

guys

went out 3 weeks ago and bought myself a new 410 from a gun shop new off the rack

it has only fired about 70 carts was out today shot myself a few crows and a pigeon this morning

now the gun is not firing any more it just packed in on me rang shop told me to fetch it back they will have it fixed dont realy want it fixing want a new gun what,s your thoughts

thanks... :whistling:

hi

guys

went out 3 weeks ago and bought myself a new 410 from a gun shop new off the rack

it has only fired about 70 carts was out today shot myself a few crows and a pigeon this morning

now the gun is not firing any more it just packed in on me rang shop told me to fetch it back they will have it fixed dont realy want it fixing want a new gun what,s your thoughts

thanks... :whistling:

Speak to citizens advice but the choice is repair, replacement or refund at the buyers choice (cant remember the time period off my head now). Why replace it with the same though? Fact is stuff goes wrong on all sorts when new I have seen a jammed up New English Sidelock come back after its first shoot day, take advice then see what the dealer says the issue is

You don't say what the gun was . If its new then the shop needs to tell you what their suppliers policy is on warrantee's .

I do warrantee work for a wholesaler , some faults are simple things that do not always show up on factory inspection but will on shooting ,such as ejector timing .Other times I have recommended that the gun be returned to the factory and replaced , in some cases unfortunately , I have found no fault other than the expectation of the owner or lack of oil, especially on autos .

So my advice is to speak to your seller and ask him what options he is going to offer you as he will no doubt send the gun back to the importer for correction and you should accept that if it a simple fault that it can be corrected but within a set time span of say 14 days other wise you will expect a replacement or a full refund .

Makes for much better customer relations than going in all guns blazing with threats of Trading Standards and Sale of Goods acts, who knows you may even get a couple of boxes of cartridges out of it for your trouble .

Edited by Gunman