Essex Birds of a feather.....

blasterjudd

Back out on the fresh drill in Essex again today at 6.30am a nice bright day but also a little breeze.

To my surprise Birds were already going down on the new drill as i opened the gates it looked promising and now where should i set up?

Decided i shall set up on the end of a hedge with wind and the sun behind me. Rotary with hypa flappers and 16 shells plus 1 Rook flocked decoy all set up in front ready to go.

Just as i finished setting up the hide and pegging the net down the first bird swooped in from behind, bang 1 for the pot a good start.

The morning carried on in good succession bird after bird dropping in on the ever increasing grey mass in front of me.

For once i had set up the rotary in the correct spot with no need to move it for the whole morning.

Total birds for the day 83 picked including 2 rooks and a jackdaw not a bad mornings work for me and the dog.......

Took me a while to pick up this lot and also many stragglers littered on the field on the way back up the track

All shot with my new English sxs wot a great sporting day hopefully more to come on drilled peas next week.

post-20134-0-80408800-1396736740_thumb.jpg