None glare magnet paint !

Tinribz

I remember a trip on wheat stubble last year my mate was on the other side of the field from me i could see his magnet going and birds where decoying lovely for him his magnet has dull arms for me it was dificult going i got out had a look magnet arms looked like they were covered in tin foil i havnt thought much about it through the winter because its been missrable but now the weathers on the up want to get it sorted cheers everyone

I remember a trip on wheat stubble last year my mate was on the other side of the field from me i could see his magnet going and birds where decoying lovely for him his magnet has dull arms for me it was dificult going i got out had a look magnet arms looked like they were covered in tin foil i havnt thought much about it through the winter because its been missrable but now the weathers on the up want to get it sorted cheers everyone

My magnet arms glint a fair bit. It doesn't appear to put birds off.

Was watching a mate of mine decoying from about 400yrds away an a sunny day in cheshire birds were coming in to his rotary then seeing the glints/flashing from the rotary arms got spooked and flared away over the horizon , i could see the flashes as plain as howt.Matt greens one of the answers .Come to think of it where my mate bought his magnet from ,they did have problems with the finnish on them,remember seeing a post on here somewhere about it ,they corrected the finnish on them since. Thats why he would do it motty :P

Matt black with a fine sand paper rub down. After that randomly paint 3x 1 inch white bars on the arms again in matt and rubbed gently with a fine sand paper.

A mate of mine went to a massive amount of trouble to de-glare his set up. He completely overlooked the battery casing that stood along side the magnet.

Matt black with a fine sand paper rub down. After that randomly paint 3x 1 inch white bars on the arms again in matt and rubbed gently with a fine sand paper.

A mate of mine went to a massive amount of trouble to de-glare his set up. He completely overlooked the battery casing that stood along side the magnet.

Just interested, but why paint white bars on the arms ???

The white bits may or may not help but it certainly seems to have made a difference for me. Did it just to see if they would show an extra interest at seeing small bits of white movement from a distance. All the experts say it's the white on the necks and wings that attract them in so just thought why not try. I've also got solid matt black decoys with the white bits in the usual places.Convinced these work better in low light conditions and on certain backgrounds.Patent pending!