Any body Blanked off egr valve on navara D22 ??

Dave.smith464

As far as I know . Blanking your egr will do no damage . But will make your turbo spool up quicker so making it faster low end . I have never used a proper "blanking plate" I have always used a piece of coke can ! And no i dont wear spurs hahaha . I have not done this on a truck . But I have done it on a 306 2.0dtI . And a Ford focus 1.8 tdci. Both having good affects . As far as a De-cat . If you do it yourself by chopping it out and putting a pipe in yes maybe it will be "noticable" but if you take your cat of propely put a slit down the face that sits facing your truck prize it open remove all the s### inside beNd it back together and 're weld then you still in theory have a cat . But you will have to buy a tin of liquid ( I can't remember the name ) that you mix with your fuel just before you go for your next m.o.t it will still pass . And yes this is tried and tested method . I no it's long winded bit I couldn't think of how to reply in a shorter message .

I did the EGR and Diesel particulate filter on my Saab, for the EGR I made up a blanking plate and had it mapped out. I did the DPF buy removing it and ramming a large bar through the internals making it a straight through pipe then a mapped out again, its totally undetectable from the outside.

I put it through the MOT and there was no detectable difference in the soot test.

Job done.

Blanked egr off on my navara d40 and decat no probs with mot at all it's decatting petrol engines you dip the mot , and it's a cat on yours not a dpf .as for gains nothing noticeable in power it just stops your engine recycling gasses .

Edited by Markt3815

As for taking the cat off the law has changed my 4ltr jeep runs on LPG so what comes out of the pipe will hardly register on the machine but I was told that I still have to keep the cat or it could fail the MOT for no other reason that is had one when the thing was new what is the logic in that. :no:

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Well I fitted the egr blank today, feels more pokey on pull off, put fuel in so will monitor the mpg

Did my D22 when I had it -also noticed a difference. I

Make sure you get the Big end and oil pump mods done - otherwise they are prone to throwing Con rods through the side of the block. (Mate of mine had 2 go)!

Up to 2005 is a d22 05-10 is a d40 you can bank both off no probs not sure about the new ones

Mine is the D22 and have already blanked off. the last post mentioned oil pump and big ends upgrades. The engine in my d22 is a YD25 type if I'm correct my engine is the 1 not prone to the problems ??

My mates dad had the prone d22 on a navara 54 plate . Only lasted 65ish k . Then It got abandoned at the top of his farm with the gearbox removed . Well you know what vermin got inside !!! Wow what a state that was is . Ended up selling a £3500 truck (when working) for £225 to some Irish lads for spares . What a waste ! P.s it had one owner from New and had done no hard work didn't even have a tow bar fitted . he bought it at 55,000 was just due a service and baNg ! NEW ENGINE NEEDED . Just thought if have an input . Dont mean to be negative about your truck . I think the "d20 " engine (the model before) is meant to be the bomb proof one . Don't quote me tho

Edited by secret-squirrel