Remington 700 recall

shotgun sam

Aye...replace a perfectly sound trigger with a bodged together replacement...THEN realise the "better" trigger is a bigger liability than the "problem" one!

Free-dumb Group...run by accountants: whoever would guess? They need to hire some engineers, esp. for the Quality Control dept.

Oh, cock... :oops:

After being plagued with months of ill health, stress at work and no time, I finally managed to get out and get the blasted thing zeroed. Now I've found this :/

Thanks for the heads up anyway.

edit: I've done a bit more digging and found this:

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/safety-warning-recall-notice-Remington-model700-modelseven.aspx

I've been up and checked mine and the trigger is ribbed - Happy Days :yahoo:

Edited by Paul T

I'd like to see how Remington can send me a "shipping label and carton", ****!

I can't very well send it to them without a firearms export licence, my dealer was clueless and said he'd contact the importers (SMK) on Monday.

Who knows, its a wait and see when the box turns up, but my guess is they will go to Remington UK...SMK!

I've just spoken to Robin at SMK, they hadn't even heard of the issue! No surprise there then, so I emailed her the recall link. She said she'd consult and get back to me.

I can't wait....

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there?

My mates running a 700 and guess what, his is one of the ones affected. when he told me this my only reply was "glad i bought a Sako" :whistling::lol:

Or you could just maintain your gun, keep it clean and dont let the trigger fill up with **** and go rusty. That will help you avoid having one of the 0.00075% of the 5 million guns sold which showed a problem that was actually victorious in a courtroom.

Still it will be fun to see what SMK can do(now owned by remington)

Hardly user neglect:

A Remington investigation has determined that some XMP triggers might have
excess bonding agent used in the assembly process.
But as you say, will be interesting to see SMK's timely response. I've just emailed them and will see what happens.