Our spaniel attacked today in Derby

wingnut

Our cocker spaniel was attacked today by a black French bulldog while my misses took her for an afternoon walk, Peggy is always kept on her lead when being taken too and from Chaddesden park due to Traffic, this other dog lunged at her and grabbed hold of her by the lip, pulling at her, she was screaming and yelping in agony, She has several punctures through it, and is now swollen, the "youth" with the dog did absolutely nothing to get his dog off, not even dragging it back by its lead, my misses was shouting and screaming at him--he just ignored her, she then went to try and get the other dog away, she had to punch this thing 3 times in the head, and then managed to prise its jaws off ours, and it ended up biting her as well, all whilst the "youth" stood there doing nothing--except saying "don't hit my dog"

She eventually got it off, and it went back for our Peggy again--My Misses gave it a right whack in the face and it eventually backed off, The "youth" still doing nothing.

If any one in Derby knows who this Cretin is can you let me know via pm and I will see if I can have some sort off attitude adjustment for the dogs owner.

He is appx 26 years old and was walking in the Richmond Rd area, just off Chaddesden Lane.

Both Peggy and Yvonne are frightened and upset and shaken up over this.

I have informed the misses that if, and when she takes the dog for a walk again that she should take my old beating stick with her just in case she meets up with MUPPET BOY again, or any other Chaddite who's dog decides its going to take a lump out of ours for no reason, this stick has a really nice handle that is natural shaped like a golf club.

I'd call the police, it's bad enough it attacked your dog, what if if was a child? Hope your dog recovers quickly.

I agree with 88b, and instead of your misses talking a beating stick she should take you with your beating stick im sure you could hit it harder, but then again you have more to loose than he does.

Out of curiosity did oyur dog have to get any stiches or any veterinary treatment

I agree with 88b, and instead of your misses talking a beating stick she should take you with your beating stick im sure you could hit it harder, but then again you have more to loose than he does.

Out of curiosity did oyur dog have to get any stiches or any veterinary treatment

She has not had any stitches, but I have just checked her over again and found she has puncture wounds on both sides of her face, these are swollen, I have bathed them a few times with warm salt water, if its no better in the morning I will take her to the vets to get her checked over.

Ordinarily I would have been with her but I was cleaning the gun after shooting earlier on today ----- **** law

I will ask my mate to keep an eye out as he walks his boxer on chad park a lot I will also warn him that this dog is aggressive.

Thanks for that, we have seen a lad with a boxer and have spoken to him in the past, just also realised one of the other elderly women who walks there little dog in the park had it attacked recently by another dog which she said looked like a small bulldog.

Thanks for that, we have seen a lad with a boxer and have spoken to him in the past, just also realised one of the other elderly women who walks there little dog in the park had it attacked recently by another dog which she said looked like a small bulldog.

Well if you can be certain its the same dog report it to the police and your local dog warden my dad did it when are lab was being attack about once a week by two jack russels and the owner was cautioned and told to keep the dogs on a lead at all times in a public place as he had themoff tue lead when my dads lab was being attack

I had this done to my dog before going through some undergrowth heard him yelping and came out with a Staffordshire bull terrier attached to his head all happened next to the owner who stood there smirking doing nothing to help, I had to grab his dog of mine eventually I did and then stood nose to nose with him saying that his dog is lethal and that his beast of a dog shouldn't be off the leash. He just didnt care, I didnt phone the police at the time as mine was off the lead as well and I said other stuff to him I shouldnt of said, but I wish I did as the same dog went on to kill toy yorkshire terrier a couple of weeks later.

So my advice phone the police and get it reported it will happen again and every bit of evidence could help in future.

You wouldn't believe this but my dog was attacked twice today in 10 mins..

My dog was on his leed, first was by a lab cross that was off his leed and I saw running towards us down the canal path started trying to bite my dog but the owner called it off and after 20 odd seconds it ran back down the tow path, second was a Akita type dog that came from the side of a house and went straight in for the kill, I picked my dog up and put him on the wall next to us with the other dog going mad jumping and snapping at my dog...both owners said nothing and walked off..

Got home and said to the wife " never walk Archie down the canal again as it's just not worth the hassle"....

It's getting a joke now with all these dogs attacking/mauling other smaller dogs, I was getting close to booting the Akita in the canal, I was seconds away from doing it...

Very easy!!

You have to prove that you understand basics of animal controll.

Makes you responsible for you dog..

All dogs are rejisterd so tracking the owner and dog down would be a lot easier.

You would be able to controll breeding as well as breader would need a special licence.

But the quality of animal welfare would improve tenfold.

Make the RSPCA job easier in some ways.

And you mess up you lose your licence- no dog.

You could put terms on licenses as well I.e dog has to be kept on lead, mussel ect.

It's a big task but I'd bring licensing back in.

It's to easy to get a dog and not have a clue about it!

So that will stop mr chav with his illegal pitbull x yorkshire terrier how?

Sorry to hear about your dog - that story made my blood boil just reading it. I was dog sitting today for my mum and on a walk I took my stick in case.

I hope you catch up with yobbo and when his dog tries to attack you, you proceed to send his dog back to his maker.

Very easy!!

You have to prove that you understand basics of animal controll.

Makes you responsible for you dog..

All dogs are rejisterd so tracking the owner and dog down would be a lot easier.

You would be able to controll breeding as well as breader would need a special licence.

But the quality of animal welfare would improve tenfold.

Make the RSPCA job easier in some ways.

And you mess up you lose your licence- no dog.

You could put terms on licenses as well I.e dog has to be kept on lead, mussel ect.

It's a big task but I'd bring licensing back in.

It's to easy to get a dog and not have a clue about it!

Again it doesn't stop the person with the illegal dog,all it does is put restrictions on law abiding owners.

Pitbulls are illegal to own/breed,but we have all seen them,but how could that be they have been banned?

Yea I know what your saying but if it was more regulated.

The police and RSPCA having more powers inc. the dog wardens.

And the use of in the spot fines.

I don't blame the dogs it's the owners in my opinion.

And after the amount of deaths this year something needs to be done to controll it and get it under controll.

And it all ways send to come down to the owners bing muppets or not having a clue.

End of the day a dog is a unpredictable animal with a mind of its own. No matter how soft and well trained.

And needs to be controlled and people need to no how to train, controll and supervise there animals.

Dogs can be leathfull and needs to be treated accordingly.

And done right a dog can be your best companion out there.

Again it doesn't stop the person with the illegal dog,all it does is put restrictions on law abiding owners.

Pitbulls are illegal to own/breed,but we have all seen them,but how could that be they have been banned?