Flappers

Davyo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the ones from DJ Decoys co uk. Whack on a dead bird and away you go. Simple, robust and long lasting. I have two that I have been using for over 10 years. I have just ordered a new one for a friend.

I'm not convinced about the FF4. It doesn't flap the wings together, but in a rather cyclic motion - NOT how a pigeon flies!! It also has lots of parts to protect, which I am sure I would break by stuffing the thing into my shooting bag. Having said that, I am sure many people like them :)

B06

Edited by Beretta06

I like the ones from DJ Decoys co uk. Whack on a dead bird and away you go. Simple, robust and long lasting. I have two that I have been using for over 10 years. I have just ordered a new one for a friend.

I'm not convinced about the FF4. It doesn't flap the wings together, but in a rather cyclic motion - NOT how a pigeon flies!! It also has lots of parts to protect, which I am sure I would break by stuffing the thing into my shooting bag. Having said that, I am sure many people like them :)

B06

Excuse me, but i beg to differ! the wings do flap together! the only 'cyclic'motion is from the drive cam on the motor. the wings are pushed up and down in a very realistic manner.by the wing bars on the cradle. EXCATLEY how a pigeon flies, see thier slowmo on youtube to see how realistic it is. and its very robust, and well mad, using quality materials.

Excuse me, but i beg to differ! the wings do flap together! the only 'cyclic'motion is from the drive cam on the motor. the wings are pushed up and down in a very realistic manner.by the wing bars on the cradle. EXCATLEY how a pigeon flies, see thier slowmo on youtube to see how realistic it is. and its very robust, and well mad, using quality materials.

Obviously you have an interest in the product. Watch the video closely, the wings do NOT flap simultaneously - one drops slightly before the other, I forget which one but I think it is right first, when looking from the back. It is a pigeon version of a one bird Mexican Wave :-)

Edited for poor spelling.

Edited by Beretta06

When it's run at the proper speed the minimal difference in drop is totally un- noticable as it's a millisecond of difference. whether or not i have an interest in the product is irrelevant. all I will say is this machine is highly rated by a certain Pigeon guru for Sporting Gun magazine, and will be features in a special article on it, in the very near future. ... Everyone who has puchased one have given highly positive feedback, and rated the ff4 over other flappers on the market. :)

When it's run at the proper speed the minimal difference in drop is totally un- noticable as it's a millisecond of difference. whether or not i have an interest in the product is irrelevant. all I will say is this machine is highly rated by a certain Pigeon guru for Sporting Gun magazine, and will be features in a special article on it, in the very near future. ... Everyone who has puchased one have given highly positive feedback, and rated the ff4 over other flappers on the market. :)

I am not saying it isn't good for others, just that i don't like it for the reasons stated. I must have fantastic eyesight to be able to recognise a millisecond of difference in the motion ;-)

As for pigeon gurus, it is like sponsorship - give Digweed a million a year and a Baikal, he will wax lyrical about them!! When did you last see anyone slate something they had been given for free????

I'm not so sure that a minor off beat is an issue.....I have been shooting over the ff4 since its release and only a couple of times have I seen the birds spook from the pattern......the way I seen it is if a pigeon was landing and needed to correct a landing then I would think they would be able to off beat a wing ...slowing one wing or altering the beat some how......good observation Beretta I must admit I hadn't noticed I will be watching now....well in about half hour off out again with the ff4.....

I'm not so sure that a minor off beat is an issue.....I have been shooting over the ff4 since its release and only a couple of times have I seen the birds spook from the pattern......the way I seen it is if a pigeon was landing and needed to correct a landing then I would think they would be able to off beat a wing ...slowing one wing or altering the beat some how......good observation Beretta I must admit I hadn't noticed I will be watching now....well in about half hour off out again with the ff4.....

If you watch footage of pigeons landing they twist and turn , one wing goes up, the other goes down, they are all over the place. It's totally irrelevant that one wing on the flapper is a fraction of second behind the other. lets not forget , our 'target' is a bird way up in the sky, looking for the flash of the wing bar, and the ff4 delivers that, no question

I have no personal interest in the FF4.

Does it bring birds into the pattern? I am not sure yet, like most other people on PW I am also suffering from a lack of pigeons.

What do I like about the FF4? It is well built and very versatile, I have seen it in operation and feel that it will do the job.

Even though it has as yet to bring the birds to me, I am confident it will and am happy to recommend it..

Christopher Polumbos made some positive statements reference the FF4 and it was hinted at they he may have an interest in the product, Beretta06 knocked the product, does that hint that he may have an interest in another product?

Sometimes on PW we get a little too personal, rather than try and share opinion and help others.

Differing views are good if they help another make a decision, arguing amongst ourselves is surely a negative.

Does it bring birds into the pattern? I am not sure yet, like most other people on PW I am also suffering from a lack of pigeons.

What do I like about the FF4? It is well built and very versatile, I have seen it in operation and feel that it will do the job.

Even though it has as yet to bring the birds to me, I am confident it will and am happy to recommend it..

Christopher Polumbos made some positive statements reference the FF4 and it was hinted at they he may have an interest in the product, Beretta06 knocked the product, does that hint that he may have an interest in another product?

Sometimes on PW we get a little too personal, rather than try and share opinion and help others.

Differing views are good if they help another make a decision, arguing amongst ourselves is surely a negative.

Brilliantly and succinctly put.

Very true Bakerboy, it's a little frustrating to read someone making a statement that is completely without merit or truth, especially as they obviousely havent seen the ff working in real life, and the obvious response if one of defence. Every one has their own opinions on what works and what doesn't. Beretta06 lives not far from me, by the looks of it, he is more than welcome to borrow an ff4 to try for himself. :)

Very true Bakerboy, it's a little frustrating to read someone making a statement that is completely without merit or truth, especially as they obviousely havent seen the ff working in real life, and the obvious response if one of defence. Every one has their own opinions on what works and what doesn't. Beretta06 lives not far from me, by the looks of it, he is more than welcome to borrow an ff4 to try for himself. :)

I presume your comments refer to me, but I am not sure what you think I said that was without merit or truth!! Please do explain :-)

I agree , but when people have a vested interest in a product they should say so when they post .

I agree , but when people have a vested interest in a product they should say so when they post .

Lets ask the question.

Christopher Polumbos and Beretta06; do you have a vested interest in FF4's YES or No? Simple's

Edited by bakerboy