Lost iPhone?

39TDS

Lost my iPhone at the weekend, it's possible that someone found it and kept it.

I have locked it via "Find my iPhone" and it is "lost" at the moment.

Should I leave it at that or should I erase it?

How much access to the contents would a finder have?

It is probably going to be me that finds it if anybody will but wondered what's best action to keep contents private.

I already replaced it and have installed everything onto it's replacement from backup.

I found one last week with a message on the screen, the button rings straight out! Rang the woman and got her address. Dropped it off for her!

Nice feature! But how many people would hand it over? This is the 3rd I,phone I have found. One was in a right state but the other two in cases so fine! Managed to get all 3 reunited with their owners.

I would hope someone would return the favour one day!

I dropped mine when I was in school and a old man goin it and ran my mum who picked it up and sent me round with a bottle of whiskey on the weekend i was shocked sombody handed it bak as it was pay as u go and didnt have a lock code on so really tye could have just taken sim and sold it there's still hope yet and good on you LG hopefully varna will come back and help you.

John

Edit : spelt my name wrong :/

Edited by JohnFreeman1310

7.1 should be secure - but if you have a backup, erase the lost one and it should happen next time it reconnects to the network.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TI79

Note what it says

Note: If you erase your iPhone, you won't be able to use Find My iPhone to locate or protect it, but your Apple ID and password will be required to reactivate it. More: Find My iPhone overview

Edited by aris

It had no internet signal so I couldn't track it, it had no phone signal and I couldn't call it.

I know where i had been that day (not far from home) and if it had neither of the above it is either underneath a very big pile of logs, inside one of a dozen or so bins full of apples and in a shed, in a puddle and run over by a tractor or someone found it and turned it off straight away.

It is "lost" so needs a pin to unlock it and my contact details will be displayed, although I think this won't be activated until it connects to the internet. In the same way as I can't actually erase it unless it connects to the internet.

Seems there's nothing to be gained by erasing it at this stage.