novice green-laning in nottingham and surrounding area

secret-squirrel

They are byways so I would assume

Should be the responsibility of the council to upkeep? But I don't think they do. There are groups like the trf who I think do quite a bit. There are often voluntary stops on using lanes or council tro's put in place to stop damage or allow

It to repair/be repaired. But it really doesn't get torn up to much. It's not like driving all over fields, they are tracks already. There are some good articles about the damage caused, and what causes it. It's mainly water, which runs down the wheel tracks.

If it is a Byway open to all Traffic (BOAT) it comes under the councils rights of way department. If it is an Unclassified County Road then it is the Highways Department. With regard to clubs etc. if I remember correctly there is a GLASS Group in Notts. with a north and south area rep. The GLASS web site is below.

http://www.glass-uk.org/

The GLASS Membership Office is in Basford.

They also used to run work parties clearing and repairing Green Lane, if I remember they were usually in Feb and October.

Edited by Moors Man

If it is a Byway open to all Traffic (BOAT) it comes under the councils rights of way department. If it is an Unclassified County Road then it is the Highways Department. With regard to clubs etc. if I remember correctly there is a GLASS Group in Notts. with a north and south area rep. The GLASS web site is below.

http://www.glass-uk.org/

The GLASS Membership Office is in Basford.

They also used to run work parties clearing and repairing Green Lane, if I remember they were usually in Feb and October.

Cheers mate that's the info I needed to know

It might well be legal, but here`s a question I always wanted the answer to , who pays to fix the tracks after you have torn them up, is there a fund you can contribute towards. or do you just go home and forget about the damage.?

That is fine as long as it also applys to farmers who go down them in tractors and leave tracks two foot deep and two foot wide that fill up with water and make it hell to walk that dog down.

http://bywaymap.com/index.html

Found this little gem !!! I seriously recommend using this website . Iv been out this afternoon and done a few of the small ones local to me . I got a few funny looks but at the end of the day it's all legal .

I definitely need to get a portable winch and a couple of inch of lift on the ranger tho :).

Any ideas / suggestions ?

what year ranger you got mate iv done a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift on mine

Edited by ian g

It might well be legal, but here`s a question I always wanted the answer to , who pays to fix the tracks after you have torn them up, is there a fund you can contribute towards. or do you just go home and forget about the damage.?

You sound like part of the Anti 4x4 brigade

post-11343-0-10951600-1398096777_thumb.jpgpost-11343-0-88553200-1398096793_thumb.jpg

+1. Defo is

Nope not anti, I own a 59 Hilux, but I don`t go green-laning. can`t see the point It just ****s the lanes up and you cant walk down them. I bought it cause I need it to go in the wood, many a slip twixt cup etc see pics.

I also need it to pull the caravan.

Edited by malantone

I live, with 3 other houses on a 200yd stretch of byway, it's fairly flat and we've filled the potholes in 3 times but still get saddo Greenlaners come down at million miles an hour, where kids are playing and ripping all the road planings back up. I'm not anti 4x4, I've got one with big nobbly tyres but have it for a reason!

I think your wasting your time mate these people don`t care "cause it`s legal", they always leave someone else to fix there ****

Can't you read I said if you had to pay to join a club I would And if the club secretary chooses to spend the cash on fixing lanes that's up to them. If it did go to fixing lanes saves the home owner money. What's your problem with something that is legal. If you Care so much try get it banned . See how far you get . :). P.s nice driving I like how you wanted to avoid the puddle in case there was any fish in there and chose to nip into the ditch haha

If there is a local club to me for 4x4 green Laning that do ride outs that has a joining fee .that may or may not go towards. fixing up messed up lanes

i would definitely join I have had a quick look ont the net with no luck yet

Squirrel, did you ever find a club that you have to pay subs? and if so do they pay towards lane repairs?

I slipped into the ditch because I tried to put a wheel on the centre and one on the edge, unfortunately the edge gave way.but me and my mates made a good repair, including unblocking the pipe under the track and draining the flood.

here`s another post-11343-0-83777500-1398543440_thumb.jpg

this one was sheet ice all good fun, it was a twenty foot drop on the other side of the road.

Edited by malantone

• 2 weeks later...