Electric fence energisers

Paul223

take the cover off and remove the earwigs and/or cobwebs from the gubbins.i used to do gallagher units from new zealand .commonest stopper of electric was earwignests and then spiders webs insulating the insides.sounds daft but beleive me youl know if the capacitor hasnt discharged when it kicks u .the insides are basically the same a step up transformer to about 8000v of static and a capacitor to store the KICK .check the battery inputs arent black ,that goop scrubs off easily but makes great insulation atb iain

Edited by clakk

Yeah thanks guys, I did take the cover off and air lined it out, everything looks good, no bad looking solder joints, nothing burnt or discoloured and the wires are where they should be, multi metered the power supply wires and switch which check out good.

It's making a faint buzzing sound and the low battery light glows for a second after switching off, the battery is good (it'll turn a wagon engine over!) and the other fencer unit runs fine from it, so I know it's not that!

Going to send it off to Rutland for repair.

Cheers